Question for other CVT Pathfinder Platinum owners

That's what I'm wanting to do, get a bigger cooler to swap in I was wondering if anyone else on here has already done it and if so which cooler they bought
can't help you there, but if it's been done, someone has probably talked about it on a forum somewhere. On some nissan CVT's they never even ran a proper trans cooler! then they wonder why they die early deaths.. but ya let us know what you find..

On the Rogue forum we have a Nissan tech that cautions that it’s way better to overfill than it is to underfill a CVT. No damage will occur with an overfill, but an underfill will destroy the transmission quickly.

I just do a spill and fill on my Rogue and don’t do temp checks or use the burp hole. 3.75-4 quarts covers it every time. It’s really easy to do as well, as the transmission has a drain plug.

Good luck!
I’m not sure I would overfill it or under fill it. Nissan has a tsb that specifically says overfilling can lead to the transmission entering failsafe mode from overheating on a number of models including some Rogues. Some have proposed this is from the fluid frothing. Maybe your model year of Rogue is different.

Personally I got the CVTz50 android app to scan the system and measured the fluid level at the temp Nissan specified and adjusted it to the exact level they note in this TSB. This was after my car went into failsafe mode driving through Death Valley in the extreme heat. The level was slightly higher than Nissan specified. I can’t say for sure overfilling was the cause but it was easy to remedy. I haven’t had it failsafe in a couple years now.

I’m not sure I would overfill it or under fill it. Nissan has a tsb that specifically says overfilling can lead to the transmission entering failsafe mode from overheating on a number of models including some Rogues. Some have proposed this is from the fluid frothing. Maybe your model year of Rogue is different.

Personally I got the CVTz50 android app to scan the system and measured the fluid level at the temp Nissan specified and adjusted it to the exact level they note in this TSB. This was after my car went into failsafe mode driving through Death Valley in the extreme heat. The level was slightly higher than Nissan specified. I can’t say for sure overfilling was the cause but it was easy to remedy. I haven’t had it failsafe in a couple years now.
If I recall correctly, the 2019 has a change in design that isn’t as touchy on fluid overfill. I don’t recall the first year of that change.
The dealer always did my 2016, as it was too scary for me to do. I sucked it up for the 19 after reading the results of spill and fill procedures on multiple forums.

Back