Question for any Vietnam Navy or Air Force pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the adrenaline rush like "going downtown" over Hanoi or any other North Vietnamese city on a bombing raid? What can you compare it to, if anything? P.S. Hi Jim from Carolina if you read this.

Hey Chris (Hemi426), I still monitor the previous Vietnam conversation on a daily basis. Unfortunately, it is way down on page 7 at the present time.

I have been waiting to see if anybody else had any other questions or comments that I could weigh in on.

I hope you get your helicopter ride.

Originally Posted By: Captain_Klink
you don't get one, it hits you when you are back on the base, and it's not really a rush, as a feeling that you're going to be sick.

That's what my uncle says, too. Navy F4 Phantom II pilot in Vietnam.

Originally Posted By: JimR
Hey Chris (Hemi426), I still monitor the previous Vietnam conversation on a daily basis. Unfortunately, it is way down on page 7 at the present time.

I have been waiting to see if anybody else had any other questions or comments that I could weigh in on.

I'm still chewing over the things you have shared with us.
Very difficult to relate to how it must have been.
(thank goodness)

Originally Posted By: expat
Originally Posted By: JimR

I'm still chewing over the things you have shared with us.
Very difficult to relate to how it must have been.
(thank goodness)

Same here - That thread left me with a lot to think about.

Originally Posted By: tropic
Originally Posted By: Captain_Klink
you don't get one, it hits you when you are back on the base, and it's not really a rush, as a feeling that you're going to be sick.

That's what my uncle says, too. Navy F4 Phantom II pilot in Vietnam.
My neighbor still a commercial pilot and my sons scoutmaster were in Phantoms during Vietnam. Grande huevos!!! All of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back