Quality of OEM clutch on 05-06 Frontier(NISMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how good is the quality of the OEM clutch on the OEM clutch on 05-06 Frontier(NISMO)?
It appears that I have to have a bit higher rpm and or slip the clutch more than I had to with my '95 GMC Sonoma.
This makes me feel that the clutch will not last as long if it's a cheap clutch.
I fine this a bit odd because the Frontier has more hp and torque then my '95 and it's geard lower.
My son's 2k2 Nissan Pathfinder has the same clutch action.

I have an 05 Frontier with a 4 banger, but I would assume it's the same tranny and clutch.

I do notice it's not very smooth releasing from a start. I've never pulled a trailer with it, but I would guess it would be very hard on the clutch.

To minimize slippage, I'll "feather" the gas as I'm releasing the clutch, it's not as smooth but it seems like it doesn't take as many RPM's to get it going that way.

I've got 36K on my truck now and the clutch is still doing fine though.

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:
I have an 05 Frontier with a 4 banger, but I would assume it's the same tranny and clutch.

I do notice it's not very smooth releasing from a start. I've never pulled a trailer with it, but I would guess it would be very hard on the clutch.

To minimize slippage, I'll "feather" the gas as I'm releasing the clutch, it's not as smooth but it seems like it doesn't take as many RPM's to get it going that way.

I've got 36K on my truck now and the clutch is still doing fine though.

That's basicially what I'm doing now "feather" the gas as I'm releasing the clutch for the time being.
I'm hoping the clutch will go the distance at least like my '95 GMC Sonoma 4x4 did with 114k miles.
If for some reason it dosen't I'll replace it with a Center Force.

Any type of include it seem like you are almost "smoking" the clutch It really freaks me out, but I know many Nissans with over 100K on them. I mean these trucks are designed to pull about 5000 lbs so I would imagine with nothing in them the clutch will last a long time if you take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back