Quality of Dexin ATV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

http://www.duropower.com/item.asp?PID=13&FID=22&level=1

Think this will last. I am heavy, but not looking for great speed, just reliability.

Thanks,

Mark

If you get it, let us know how you like it. I pretty much agree with Mike. For just around the yard, to the neighbor etc. should be fine but anything else
dunno.gif

I have to say it looks as cheap as the price. Top speed of 22mph is pathetic. My 4 year old's polais predator 50 has a top speed of 15 mph. I know you arn't looking for top speed. Any moderate trail will tear that think up. Don't waste your money. If you can't afford a new name brand. Find a good used honda, yamaha, polaris, kawasaki, suzuki or artic cat. You can't go wrong with any of them.

That looks like a chinese made product with a horizontal 6.5 HP honda clone engine on it. Chinese honda clones are pretty good these days, however, I suspect 6.5 horse in a trail quad is totally inadequate. Also, I'm guessing this thing will fall apart around the engine....not to mention the fact that it will be impossible to find replacement parts for this chinese unit.

Motorcycle rider magazine did an article about a year ago where 5 different riders had to buy a bike for around $1200 and ride it on a 1000 mile road trip. Various guys picked various used bikes, but for fun, one of the guys bought a chinese 650 for $1400 (breaking the rules some). Anyhow, all of the bikes made it except the chinese one, which first had issues with the brakes or something similar, but worse than that, the engine siezed at 104 miles. The bike was scrap metal at that point.

There is such a thing as spending too little, and my guess is this falls into that category. For my $900, I'd buy the best used name brand quad I could find for the price.

Yep that thing is not worth $900. The engine will most likely last, but the rest of it would fall apart quickly.

Because the state says you have to, that's why.
The state DNR requires off road vehicle registration to make money for the department. Snowmobiles, ATVs and off road bikes are registered for two years around here.
Helps reduce theft, too, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back