quality 5W-40 oil for S2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody suggested going even heavier, so here I am... Mobil 1 5W50 has good base oils and a strong add pack...Total Quartz 10w50 is cheap and very decent...

Else you can use Motul 300V 5W40 or 10W40, the latter the higher the HTHS.

Shell 5W40 gtl based is said to have low noack value, so may also help before replacing pcv system.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Looks like GTX in Germany is a lot better than the conventional product we get here in North America.

From what I can gather this euro GTX is closer in formulation to the magnetec we get here.

Originally Posted By: 05LGTLtd
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Looks like GTX in Germany is a lot better than the conventional product we get here in North America.

From what I can gather this euro GTX is closer in formulation to the magnetec we get here.

This is why i pointed out two times already in our discussion that even the same label product is different over here.

Originally Posted By: Popsy
Nobody suggested going even heavier, so here I am... Mobil 1 5W50 has good base oils and a strong add pack...Total Quartz 10w50 is cheap and very decent...

Else you can use Motul 300V 5W40 or 10W40, the latter the higher the HTHS.

Shell 5W40 gtl based is said to have low noack value, so may also help before replacing pcv system.

Using an even thicker oil will be my last resort, but i understand your thinking. I still have a 5L Motul Sport Ester 5W-50 left over, i was using it in my built high compression R50 MINI Cooper. About the Mobil 5W-50, my friend has it in his workshop, very easy for me to get it. The Motul 5W-50 has a solid 4.5 HTHS and 244 degrees Celsius flash point

Go with any 0/40, 5/40 high mileage or not. I would buy when on sale because you don't run the oil that long. I run my oil out to 7500 to 8000 miles on my '06 S, I run M1 0/40 or M1 10/40 high mileage.
High mileage oil usually has a more stout anti-wear add pack along with seal conditioners.

ROD

Originally Posted By: rrounds
Go with any 0/40, 5/40 high mileage or not. I would buy when on sale because you don't run the oil that long. I run my oil out to 7500 to 8000 miles on my '06 S, I run M1 0/40 or M1 10/40 high mileage.
High mileage oil usually has a more stout anti-wear add pack along with seal conditioners.

ROD

Your advice is inline with most of the other guys heres, and i also agree, so i did order the high mileage Castrol 5W40 to test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back