Not open for further replies.
I vote for EXXON SUPERFLO
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: Dr_No
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I vote for EXXON SUPERFLO
banana2.gif

crazy2.gif

penzoil used to be good until quaker state bought the company about 5 years ago and ruined it."

thumbsup2.gif

I should start a signature at all my post-bottoms that reads....

.....exxon superflo used to be good until mobil drive clean bought the company about 5 years ago and ruined it."

I mean - if you're gonna' lie - then why not two of us?

Last edited:
Triple_Se7en

CUT IT OUT. EVERYONE BUT YOU CLUED IN THAT IT IS A QUOTE TO A PENNZOIL BASHER.

PLEASE NOTE THE QUOTATION MARKS

mad.gif

The quote is intended as a joke.

Last edited:
I thought it was:

"penzoil used to be good until quaker state bought the company about 5 years ago and ruined it by putting all that wax in it."

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
I thought it was:

"penzoil used to be good until quaker state bought the company about 5 years ago and ruined it by putting all that wax in it."

No it's "quaker state used to be good until pennzoil bought the company and started stealing all the wax for themselves."

Both Pennzoil and Quaker State have been associated with engine sludging problems pre-1990ish and when oil was not changed regularly. Was it the Pennsylvania crude oil base, the add pack, or engine design related [?] - nobody knows, but both Penn and QS have been accused of causing sludge and that mind set continues even today. Pennzoil changed to their "Pure Base" oil in the mid 90's which is a highly refined base oil in the Grp II+ range, replacing their older refining processed base oil and probably replaced their crude oil source as the company evolved.

Up until recently it was common to see "paraffin" in an oil's MSDS Ingredients Information section and many have word associated it with paraffin wax. Paraffin is a general term used for hydrogen and carbon compounds. The heaviest of this compound is paraffin wax.

I was going to elaborate on crude oil and how portions of it is used in manufacturing with a zing at PETA but this is not the place to do it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dr_No
Triple_Se7en

CUT IT OUT. EVERYONE BUT YOU CLUED IN THAT IT IS A QUOTE TO A PENNZOIL BASHER.

PLEASE NOTE THE QUOTATION MARKS

mad.gif

The quote is intended as a joke.

Sorry - I don't like the joke!
It's no joke when newbies or the uneducated here read that stuff. They take the news literally.

Find another way to mimic jokesters please.
I find SOPUS products to be at the top rung of the ladder these days - considering the most popular brands out there right now. Even the economically-priced Formula Shell is a great contender to replace the old Havoline as a great money value oil - when on sale. My local Murrays recently had the Shell 79 cents AR.

Great value for the money-handicapped members here.

I was also wondering about the Exxon Superflo. The Wal-Mart in Anderson,SC had it for $1.87 a quart this evening. I think I will go back tomorrow and stock up.

i have 5 quarts of the following 3 oils, all possible choices for my Auto-Rx rinse phase:

Quaker State
Mobil Clean 5000
Exxon Superflo

i just want to know which one is best for cold weather. the car previously had Lubro-Moly 5W-40 synthetic in it, then i dumped it and put in mobil clean 5000 5W-30 + Auto-Rx for the cleaning phase. since then, the car has felt alot crappier, i must say. the plan is to get this Auto-Rx thing done with, so i can get the car back on a synthetic. probably syntec 0W-30 or mobil1 5W-30. at this point i just wanna know which of the 3 dinos i have in stock to use for my rinse phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back