Quaker state full synthetic vs Quaker state full synthetic ultimate durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is QSUD same as QS full synthetic? In Walmart I could only find Quaker state full synthetic but not ultimate durability.

as is common more marketing BUT less specs to compare + of course higher pricing!!!

Minus any slightly tweaked newer API "SP" formulation, the older API "SN Plus" QSUD and this newer QSFS are essentially the same. The kinematic viscosity remains quite high for a 5W-30.

Its excellent oil. New or latest specs from Quaker State website today:

QSFS Current 5W-30 Oil.JPG

If I'm not mistaken, the kinematic viscosity for older API SN Plus version was 11.7 cSt (@ 100 deg C). The VI and CCS viscosities, and perhaps other data points, didn't change much either, if at all.

Gosh... this is good stuff. Here in Alaska, it does well in every GM product I own.

Last edited:
So it is better now?
"Better" I honestly cannot answer, I'm guessing a more current add pack that meats the newest API standards. Me personally, I would go for the newest formulation. I'd guess it should be better since lubrication is an ever-evolving technology (y)

Basically. Also d1g3 approved which is an improvement over d1g2. But gm only gives it to 0w-20 and 5w-30 grades not 5w-20 or 10w-30 which I think is silly.
I am running the 10W30 in a 5W20 application and its is fantastic. Can't say enough good about it.
I will avoid high VM ( vii) treatment if I can, they are vanish sludge and gum makers, thus the 10W-Xx.

GM doesn't spec a 10W30 or 5W20 so no Dexos in those grades. Those grades are more of a FORD thing.
I don't chase DEXOS approvals, it has never done anything for me that I could tell. Whatever that means :)

I am running the 10W30 in a 5W20 application and its is fantastic. Can't say enough good about it.
I will avoid high VM ( vii) treatment if I can, they are vanish sludge and gum makers, thus the 10W-Xx.

GM doesn't spec a 10W30 or 5W20 so no Dexos in those grades. Those grades are more of a FORD thing.
I don't chase DEXOS approvals, it has never done anything for me that I could tell. Whatever that means :)
True but generally a newer approval is gonna mean a better overall formulation but not always. But I'd still happily run the non dexos grades in my 2021 anyway and expect the engineering or manufacturing to be the reason for a failure and not the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back