Quaker State Full Syn 5w30

I personally think that you might as well step up to Quaker State Ultimate Protection since it isn’t that much more expensive. IMO QSUP is one of the best deals out there at the moment, just under $24 for a 5qt jug at Walmart. I bought a jug to go in my Honda for the next oil change

I have decided to use this in my wifes Mazda CX-5 (non-turbo 2.5L) at her next oil change and run it for 5K OCI (0W-20 flavor.) I have it on Amazon Subscribe/Save for $20, so a couple dollars cheaper than Walmart if you do it that way. I thought about the Ultimate Protection, but not on Amazon S&S and since I'm changing it every 5K, might be a waste.

Down the road from me, they're building a Costco. So, I may look into Kirkland. 5Qt jugs in a 4 pack for $60 is pretty good (twice a year they do that I think?) Store doesn't open until 2025, so a little bit of time yet.

It's good but the price has gone up and I'd rather use quaker state euro 5w-40 for just a buck more.

Ford specs 5w30 in the EcoBoosts due to fuel dilution, most 5w30's end up in the 20-grade range or barely above it due to this.

I believe it... Ford went back to 5-30 for a good reason. I changed the oil in my Explorer (2.3 ecoboost) and my wife thought the car was leaking gas somewhere because of the fumes.. Nope, just the oil, nothing to be alarmed about.

I've been using this oil exclusively in our Ecoboost engines. What is the group's opinion of this oil? I like it for its value.
Odd, Your signature vehicles say Kendall GT. You have another fleet you maintain professionally?

QS is a decent oil. Ran the FS 10W30 a few times and saw smooth running and improved fuel mileage over Castrol or Valvoline.
I does seem to be a bit "batch dependent" like fine wine as my third jug wasn't as goodest as the previous two.

Must be them pesky base stock interchange shenanigans

Lake Speed say's PUP is better-er. Well I say good enuff is good enuff!

Plus I have a Pennzoil aversion. Ha! what a Shell game ... literally

-
Arco

Running QSUP 5-30 right now in my 202k mile Mazda. Not a thing wrong with it as long as it meets the specs your vehicle requires.

QSFS is on the high-end of the viscosity range for a 5w-30, is Dexos1-Gen 3 licensed, appears to use group III base stock (as per Lake Speed Jr.), and is competitively priced.

Checks all of my boxes for a daily driver with a drain interval below 20,000 miles whenever Kirkland Signature isn't on sale.

Back