Quaker State Filters > Smaller Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Menards today I noticed how small the Quaker State Oil Filters have gotten in height, some of the old style filters were still on the shelf and I put the same filters side by side and the difference is considerable, does any one have any information or thoughts on this?

Noticed it a few months ago;

Cost cutting as was mentioned. Use one filter element for multiple applications. Less materials used in the 'larger filters' etc.

Alex.

The incredible shrinking filter!!!!

Guess the rest of the Purolator line will go on the same diet plan.

The masses will keep buying the downsized products while discriminating customers like us will migrate to Wix and Hastings.

Purolator will never notice we're gone!!!

That might be true, will a smaller can size effect the amount of oil fill? I do not think I would use a filter that is that much different then what is installed from the factory.

I looked at ProLine filters for my two vehicles last time I was at Pep Boys and they were smaller then Purolator filters of the same part number. Also when I cut one ProLine open and one Purolator the ProLine has less media.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
I looked at ProLine filters for my two vehicles last time I was at Pep Boys and they were smaller then Purolator filters of the same part number. Also when I cut one ProLine open and one Purolator the ProLine has less media.

I noticed the same thing. I went to Pep Boys and saw the 30001 Purolator was taller (original size) and the Pro Line (made by purolator)was much shorter. I bought the normal Purolator instead.

Originally Posted By: Petty
GMGuy did you use any of the smaller QS filters?

Not yet. I was building my filter stash since they where on sale. I don't forsee anything different. Makes no difference with the little shorty filter thats the usual Ford alternative to the 8A. Looks the same on the inside.
So far I have not seen any downsized QS5 (tall Chevy filter, PH1218 I believe) but suspect it'll come as well.

Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back