quaker state defy vs valvoline

Originally Posted By: AndrewD
Mobil 1 5W-30 HM

Just curious as to why you recommend M1HM oil? Does it do a better job at slowing down oil leaks?
confused2.gif

M1HM (10W-40) did nothing to slow down a RMS leak in my son's '02 Dodge Neon. Never got a chance to try MaxLife in it.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
M1HM (10W-40) did nothing to slow down a RMS leak in my son's '02 Dodge Neon. Never got a chance to try MaxLife in it.

My son has a 96 Corolla with 214K miles. Since he has been using VML 10W40 in his engine it has gone from using a qt. of oil every 800-900 miles to a qt. about every 1400 miles.

Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
I have 5 more jugs of maxlife, and just purchased 4 jugs of GTXHM. Once used I think I'm gonna give defy a try.

Defy will be called something else by the time you get through all that!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
I have 5 more jugs of maxlife, and just purchased 4 jugs of GTXHM. Once used I think I'm gonna give defy a try.

Defy will be called something else by the time you get through all that!
laugh.gif

HaHa your probably right! It will be a year - year and a half before I need to buy anything.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
That is fine. I have only used Pennzoil for over 200,000 miles.

Yet the OP will use QS, and I'm sure that's as different from PYB as is Fuchs Titan or RP, right?
wink.gif

I gotta tell'ya guys: I can't stand that Quaker State Defy bottle. I suppose I could get used to it if the oil did something miraculous, but dang that's an ugly bottle. A brick red bottle with a green cap......nauseating.
Don't judge a book by its cover.

Probably as a cost saving measure, the Green bottle superseded the red a few years ago. The distinction was to be in the label color.

Quaker seemed to be getting away from the name Defy, although it is still visible on this label as if it were an apparition. The label has been changed since this version, no longer referencing boosted levels of zinc as an anti-wear agent, so I built up a small stash.

QS Defy 10W-40.jpg

Back