quaker state blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
today my dad went to get an oil change for his nissan quest at the dealer. I was with him, and of course after being on this site I just have the urge to ask what oil and filter they use. They told me nissan filter and Quaker State Synthetic Blend. As I have never seen the oil before I came home and did a search on BITOG. Nothing came up for it. So what is this oil? Any good? Can it be compared to or exceed Pennzoil dino? thanks

Yes Quaker State makes two blends you can buy off the shelf. A 4x4 blend which is more than likely whats your dad's quest and a sports car blend. I belive pennzoil/quaker state both make very high quality motor oils. Since quaker state and pennzoil being sister companies owned by shell oil I belive that the quaker state synthetic blend should be at least as good more that likely better than penn dino.

I have a fairly good sized stash of Quaker State 4x4 synthetic blend oil - API SJ. QS still makes 4x4 syn. blend oil. I assume it is API SM now, but don't hold me to that.......it could still be SL.

I have used the QS 4x4 syn. blend - API SJ, in my wife's '97 Expedition, & I don't have any complaints about it. It wouldn't be my first choice if I were buying oil for a truck/suv, but there's nothing wrong with it, IMO.

I happened upon my stash of this oil at K-Mart, maybe 6 months ago; I got it for 20 cents a qt.
smile.gif

Wow just in time for the cap guy to start making them green the bottle guy went clear.
smile.gif

This is good proof that this vehicle-specific marketing has been going on for a while.

wavinwayne, that last clear bottle of the blend, if you tip it over and look at the bottom does it have a milky coating that if you shake it up after noticing it that same coating disappears into the oil?!?!?! I don't trust the quality of the oil and those **** bottles(you'll know when you drop one:))
That milky coating must be the adds. dropping out of the oil!!!!

BIGJ552000,

Yes, I've noticed that coating. It doesn't really worry me. I bet you would notice that on all oils if they were in a clear bottle.

I've got a whole boatload of this oil, but who knows if I'll ever get around to using it. I only paid 20 cents/qt. for the stuff.

If I had any neighbors who tinkered with their clunkers, I'd give it away. But I don't, so I guess I'll keep it.

For that price who wouldn't use it. Still have you dropped one yet? They really seem to break/crack easy.

I have not dropped any of the bottles, but I'm guessing someone dropped one of them before I purchased it. One bottle has a broken cap. I will use that quart as a general purpose lube around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back