Quaker State..Any die hard users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local Wal-Mart always has Quaker State for either $10 or $10.50 for a 5qt jug. I a bought a couple jugs a year ago. And used them, then I got a couple jugs of GTX and Penz YB for that price now that they are gone Im thinking about going back to Quaker State.

Granted Penz YB is only $2.50 - $3 more for a 5qt jug but I dont really know if it is worth the price. There is not a huge following of QS here on BITOG. I think it is a decent oil at a great price. I like to keep 3x oil changes for both my car and my wifes on hand (5w20 and 5w30). So I am thinking about grabbing 6x of them tomorrow, heck thats 30qts for only $60.

I'd like to see more or the Quaker State users chime in. For the price im amazed there arent a billion users of QS on here. From what I gather it is just like Penzoil YB with slight less add pack.

I think it's a great value. In fact, I use it for all my ARX runs.

However, with the extra dough for the YB, I'm guessing you're getting a stronger add pack/better detergency.

I use it....in both the dino and syn flavors. At full price, dino is $10.50 for 5 quarts, and the syn is $18.00. Great deals on VERY good oils.

Have an uncle in law who will ONLY use QS dino. Probably about 1 million miles combined, with several cars over 200k. No issues. While it might not be quite as good as YB, it's a darn good oil.

I just bought another Torque Power 5 quart jug today!

Not a die hard by any means. But, a value is a value. $1.00 more than ST jugs and they have it in 5w20 which ST doesn't. I've got 2 jugs in my stash. And, I can't remember the last time I used QS.

I like the QS synthetic oils. Engine runs nice and smooth/quiet with them. However I have not used the dino varieties of QS.

I got 44 5Litre jugs of QS Peak Performance Dino back in fall of 07 for $8.88 each so I`m well stocked for awhile, even sold some to co workers at a small profit. I`ve used QS for over tens years and NO problems and nothing burns oil either.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
My local Wal-Mart always has Quaker State for either $10 or $10.50 for a 5qt jug. I a bought a couple jugs a year ago. And used them, then I got a couple jugs of GTX and Penz YB for that price now that they are gone Im thinking about going back to Quaker State.

Granted Penz YB is only $2.50 - $3 more for a 5qt jug but I dont really know if it is worth the price. There is not a huge following of QS here on BITOG. I think it is a decent oil at a great price. I like to keep 3x oil changes for both my car and my wifes on hand (5w20 and 5w30). So I am thinking about grabbing 6x of them tomorrow, heck thats 30qts for only $60.

I'd like to see more or the Quaker State users chime in. For the price im amazed there arent a billion users of QS on here. From what I gather it is just like Penzoil YB with slight less add pack.

As a die hard YB user, I wonder if Shell is selling basically the same oil at 3 different prices? As each oil change comes up, I wonder if Pennzoil is worth the premium.

Originally Posted By: labman
Originally Posted By: heavyhitter

As a die hard YB user, I wonder if Shell is selling basically the same oil at 3 different prices? As each oil change comes up, I wonder if Pennzoil is worth the premium.

I believe that the three are all different . Ask Johnny He knows for sure.

Last edited:
I have taken advantage of the recent price cut and have been running QS green bottle in my Explorer and jeep. I also picked up a jug of that torque power syn that I will run in the jeep while wheeling the silverton mountain range and Moab this summer. I like the value and as long as the oil meets the specs I need I will buy the best value. Right now the value oils are Supertech(5w30 jugs),QS green and Torque power if you can find it, Motorcraft, and YB. I doubtr there is any significant performance difference as long as the oil meets the vehicles specs.

I'm considering using PYB and QS exclusively due to that you rarely hear of Hendrick or RCR engines blowing. All depends on what information I requested from both I get.

Nothing wrong at all with QS...
$10.50/jug is a good price for a great oil.

Ive used it off and on since the days of my moms Aries K-car, circa 1990.
QS oil and a 3614 Fram filter, from the local K-mart, where I worked.

i have pretty good luck with qshp synthetic. the biggest problem with my truck is the extra noise from the engine. but i did 18.103 mpg out of an 8.1 big block. so not bad at all

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
I'm pretty sure they go good better best, but is YB THAT much better? Not sure...

Oh boy,I knew this was going to happen.Questioning the "yellow bottle"
45.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back