Quaker State 5w40 Euro is the same as Pennzoil 5W40 Euro ??

There have been statements from reliable posters that Quaker State 5w40 Euro is the same oil blend as Pennzoil 5w40 Euro. Any clear cut answer ? The Quaker state is readily available but the Pennzoil is not and costs much more.

It wouldn't make much sense to me if the additive package was different. That said, the specific blends of base oils might be different.

I looked at the Quaker state euro lx 0w30 spec sheets, looks to be the same as pennzoil 0w30 with the exception of no mention of the natural gas in the making of Quaker state ? ,

Looks same as previous version of PPE.
Hi Edyvw- Always appreciate your posts. When you say "the previous version of PPE" are you referring to the version available this year made with natural gas or some other earlier PPE version ?

Hi Edyvw- Always appreciate your posts. When you say "the previous version of PPE" are you referring to the version available this year made with natural gas or some other earlier PPE version ?
PPE is made from GTL for 7-8 years. A previous version of PPE I mean SN+. Just because it was SN+ does not mean it was not compatible with SP as SP did not exist at that time. Oils like PPE that are approved for MB229.5 etc. are far more sophisticated than API specifications, and it is not unusual that they "meet" those standards before standards are introduced.

Thanks as always. Most helpful. So Quaker State 5W40 Euro is a wonderful oil and at an excellent price ! And is GTL !:D

Reactions: wlk
Nobody but probably some people at sopus knows the true answer to that question.
The good news is it doesn’t really matter to your car because the QS meets the requirements.

I just put it in my Mercedes ML 350 and it seems smoother and quieter than the Liquimoly or Castrol 0-40 that was in it before.

Do y'all think QS euro 5w40 would be good for a 5.3 silverado in FL or would M1 0w40 be better ? Thanks in advanced.

Everything looks the same to me when comparing the PDS sheets aside from the pour points. Typo?

20221106_151841.jpg

Back