QSUD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
It's amazing how many people complain about noise with Mobil 1.

But, QSUD is mentioned a lot in terms of quieting. I bought it specifically for that, but didn't use it yet.

+1 ive used this oil plenty of times in my cummuter car (sonata) and its always seemed to run smoother and less startup noise. cheapest full syn and probably one of the best

Originally Posted By: jdmstr22
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
It's amazing how many people complain about noise with Mobil 1.

But, QSUD is mentioned a lot in terms of quieting. I bought it specifically for that, but didn't use it yet.

+1 ive used this oil plenty of times in my cummuter car (sonata) and its always seemed to run smoother and less startup noise. cheapest full syn and probably one of the best

+2
I just changed over to QSUD in my Crown Vic this morning and it was noticeably quieter. All you hear now is the normal injector ticking from the Mod engines and not much if any valve train noise. Definitely a good start to becoming my go-to synthetic.

That's a good start but in my experience you really don't get much of an accurate feel for how an oil is going to run in your vehicle until you've put at least a couple thousand miles on it.

If it's still quiet and smooth then, all is well. If not, the search continues...

Both Mobil 1 0w40 and QSUD 5w30 have had "quiet" results in our Prius. Mobil 1 even moreso than QSUD, which seems to be uncommon at least around here.

Both are great oils, I prefer the Mobil 1 but the QSUD overall is cheaper. I have quarts of both so I'm good for awhile.

Though I digress - I have stacks of Max Life so I'm pretty solid on motor oil anyways.
grin.gif

I've got a 2014 Mazda 6 that calls for 0w20. I went with QSUD for my first oil change. All is good so far. Can't beat the price, especially with the $20 rebate!

Originally Posted By: RDC
How long does the rebate period last?

Seems like it said through the beginning of April.

Can't wait to try this stuff in my car. Have about 1,000 miles to go on my current fill of Fram synthetic though before I can change it. Hopefully the weather will be warmer here by the time it needs changed:)

Originally Posted By: shell_user
Yeah, kinda hard to beat $20.97 at the only wal mart near my work!
If you want cheap synthetic oil, Walmart Super Tech is even cheaper. With the recent rollback prices at WM, the difference between QSUD and Pennzoil Platinum (which is a better oil IMO) is less then 30 cents a quart. See my UOAs in my sig below for examples of Pennzoil Platinum. Pennzoil Platinum also offers a $20 rebate when signing up for the free engine warranty. I think QSUD has a similar rebate to be fair.

Yeah, I have some ST SYN I got when it was on rollback in my area to $17.27, and it still is at other wal mart. May run that in the summer even though its 5w30 and my car specs 5w20

adam

Originally Posted By: MikeySoft
Originally Posted By: shell_user
Yeah, kinda hard to beat $20.97 at the only wal mart near my work!
If you want cheap synthetic oil, Walmart Super Tech is even cheaper. With the recent rollback prices at WM, the difference between QSUD and Pennzoil Platinum (which is a better oil IMO) is less then 30 cents a quart. See my UOAs in my sig below for examples of Pennzoil Platinum. Pennzoil Platinum also offers a $20 rebate when signing up for the free engine warranty. I think QSUD has a similar rebate to be fair.

The Pennzoil rebate only applies if your car is under five years old and under 60k miles. I was bummed that my 08 Accord with 56k isn't eligible, since I bought it in 11/07, as I just filled it with PP. I bought a jug of QSUD at WM today, which will end up costing $1.05 after rebate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back