QSUD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did my last oil change with QSUD and I really like it. I picked it up because it was $7.00 cheaper then my usual M1 for the 5qt jug at Wally World. Im really impressed my motor runs smoother and quieter then with M1 and it seems to have gotten rid of the annoying HEMI tick. Think i will be using it from now on. Is it the same as PP since they both Shell products???

Its not the same as PP but it is a top notch product. I just picked up some my self and I am very pleased with the price.

Originally Posted By: 345hemi
Hey thanks for the heads up Doog! Just did that I think SOPUS QSUD just won themselves a loyal customer.

There is a Valvoline coupon on here somewhere that gives you $8 off 2 5qt jugs which makes their full syn $20.97 as well at WM. But the QSUD deal is rockin...registered all 3 of my cars and got the $60.

With Mobil 1 in my 03 CRV, at idle it sounded like an old sewing machine with the valves clattering like crazy. As soon as I changed out the Mobil 1 the valvetrain clatter disappeared.

It's amazing how many people complain about noise with Mobil 1.

But, QSUD is mentioned a lot in terms of quieting. I bought it specifically for that, but didn't use it yet.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
It's amazing how many people complain about noise with Mobil 1.

But, QSUD is mentioned a lot in terms of quieting. I bought it specifically for that, but didn't use it yet.

Me as well. I bought some to try and quiet up my scion, but havn't had a chance to change it yet. Maybe if I spent less time on here, I'd have enough time to work on my car
wink.gif

I ran it last oil change for 5000 miles and 10 months. 2006 Vue with ecotec and seemed quieter with great fuel mileage. I got it because of rebate. Just changed out it Quaker State Green Bottle and it seems to be a great oil as well although a little bit noisier so I will run this for 3000 and change it.

Did my last oil change with QSUD and I really like it. I picked it up because it was $7.00 cheaper then my usual M1 for the 5qt jug at Wally World. Im really impressed my motor runs smoother and quieter then with M1 and it seems to have gotten rid of the annoying HEMI tick. Think i will be using it from now on. Is it the same as PP since they both Shell products???

I like it too

I must agree! I have used Mobil 1 5W30 in many engines and my engines all seemed to be more audible compared to any other oil(syn or dino). With the QSUD, the engines are as quiet/smooth as ever. Some oils are this way and the QSUD is one of'em!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I must agree! I have used Mobil 1 5W30 in many engines and my engines all seemed to be more audible compared to any other oil(syn or dino). With the QSUD, the engines are as quiet/smooth as ever. Some oils are this way and the QSUD is one of'em!

Ditto!!!

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_X_cbe_24855_key_140003587115_201007020127.pdf

Quote:
Wear Protection.
No synthetic motor oil provides better wear protection*.

Am I reading into this too hard, or regular oils provide better wear protection?

'No (other) synthetic motor oil provides better wear protection (than this one)', I would understand it as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back