QS/STP filter deal at AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure whether to post this here or in the oil filter section. The deal AZ is running for August for 5 quarts QS conventional dino and an STP filter would be a really good bargain for me. I can spend about 5 bucks less than what I would at Napa for 4 quarts of Napa brand oil and a ProSelect filter, plus have one quart left over for next time.

I figure the QS oil will do fine. I just read a long post about a hole in one of the STP-Champ-Ecore filters though and am just wondering how they compare to other filters in their price range, like ProSelect, Purolator PP, etc? The only thing I really got from the other post is that the STP might provide better oil flow due to the Ecore support cage design.

If they have worked for others with no issues I may try it. I have an OC coming up in the next few days and it could save me a few bucks. Plus AZ is open on Sunday, whereas my Napa store is not. If I do my OC this weekend it will be on Sunday. AZ is also closer to my house than Napa. I'm also changing my rear differential gear oil and AZ is the only place I can find 75W90 gear oil so I need to stop in there anyway.

Any info is appreciated.

I really don't like them as much as a purolator or wix. In my three applications they are considerably shorter.

But, that doesn't mean I don't run them. In fact, I have an STP on my Highlander right now (even though I have two napa golds in the stash), and another SuperTech (exact same filter) in my stash as well.

They're good filters, and I take them when the price is right. They certainly don't have more failures than anyone else. I'm just a sucker for a really long (puro) or heavy (wix) filter if it's the same price.

So yeah, I'd say go for it.

Ive used the QS/STP combo a few times in the past and had no trouble at all. Should be great for a regular interval....

Youve also mentioned youre going to be at AZ anyways, so why not save a trip for yourself??

I checked the STP filter at AZ on Friday. It's a lot smaller than the ProSelect. I just could not convince myself to change. Even the orange can for my truck is bigger than the STP filter. I stopped at Napa yesterday and picked up 4 ats Napa 10W30 and a new ProSelect filter for my OC today. They gave me a discount at Napa too, 2.99 for the filter and 1.99 per quart for the oil, so with tax it was about 12 bucks, which is less than AZ's deal anyway. Still have to go get my gear oil today though...

Just checked the Napa website. Napa conventional is 1.99 a qt this month, plus ProSelects are on sale starting at 2.59. I have been waiting a long time for a sale on Napa oil, now it's time to time to buy a couple cases each for my truck and my girlfriend's Honda this month...

Yippee

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
I checked the STP filter at AZ on Friday. It's a lot smaller than the ProSelect. I just could not convince myself to change. Even the orange can for my truck is bigger than the STP filter. I stopped at Napa yesterday and picked up 4 ats Napa 10W30 and a new ProSelect filter for my OC today. They gave me a discount at Napa too, 2.99 for the filter and 1.99 per quart for the oil, so with tax it was about 12 bucks, which is less than AZ's deal anyway. Still have to go get my gear oil today though...

Of course your deal is cheaper, you got 4 quarts versus the AZ deal at 5 quarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back