QS 5W20 green bottle

My dad has used the 5w20 in his high mileage '94 Caravan without issue. QS is a SOPUS product and a decent oil... I would rather the Pennzoil YB for the money, but it will serve you well over 3K no problem...

I've used it 2x on my wifes Honda with a 4k and a 5k OCI repectively. (old formula) Ran fine the world didnt end. For 3k OCI I would recommend using the cheapest oil you can get on sale, incl. House Brands. I believe that all of the old formula's are the same as the new formula just a new name. I think the new naming convention is just marketing, but I can be wrong Id like to see and answer whether this is true or not.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
My dad has used the 5w20 in his high mileage '94 Caravan without issue. QS is a SOPUS product and a decent oil... I would rather the Pennzoil YB for the money, but it will serve you well over 3K no problem...
Any SOPUS conventional oil is better than decent. They are all good to excellent. Even the economy brand Formula Shell has produced stellar UOAs for 5K OCIs.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
 Originally Posted By: StevieC
Any SOPUS conventional oil is better than decent. They are all good to excellent. Even the economy brand Formula Shell has produced stellar UOAs for 5K OCIs.
+1 Good stuff...

They are owned by the same company SOPUS (Shell) but they would have different formulas. Looking thru the oil reports Pennzoil Yellow bottle has a slightly better additive package.

Last edited:
I am currently running the green bottle 5w20 in my jeep and v-8 ford exploder. No issues running them a full OCIof 5k or 6 months. I see no difference between this and any other brand. It's a good price and the engines are lubricated and SM GF4 garantees a minimum cleanliness.