QHorsepower 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This oil does appear on GM's list of 4718M oils.

Aluminum- 0
Chromium- 0
Iron- 0
Copper- 0
Lead- 0
Tin- 0
Moly- 52
Nickel- 0
Manganese-0
Silver- 0
Potassium-0
Boron- 2
Silicon- 2
Sodium- 1
Calcium- 2680
Magnesium-15
Phosph- 744
Zinc- 949
Barium- 0

SUS Visc. 210- 59.2
cST Visc. 100- 10
Flashpoint- 400
Insolubles- 0
TBN- 10.0

Originally Posted By: 21Rouge

Aluminum- 0
Chromium- 0
Iron- 0
Copper- 0
Lead- 0
Tin- 0
Nickel- 0
Manganese-0
Silver- 0
Potassium-0
Barium- 0

With all those baseline "0"s it does make it easier to get analyze a UOA for this oil!

Last edited:
The Boron is obviously a 0 as well...I don't see the Q throwing two ppm into the batch for the sake of posterity :). I like the robust TBN number and the lil bit o' Moly.

Oil's stouter than I thought it would be. I like that Ca number, and the pour point and ccs numbers on it are good as well!

Just used up the last of my QHP in the X, after running it out 5k i'mma sample it. Ran a clean OCI with MM0 prior and used 1/4-1/2 quart of a left over bottle to run it through the engine to remove any additional left over from the previous OCI.

wow! Thank Rouge for the VOA! This analisis alone has tilted the scales for me enough that I'm going to run this once I get my sonata broken in on dino. That TBN number is great! I will use this oil and not have to worry on extended drains that my oil is turning to acid and have a panic attack in the middle of the night!

You are welcome ryland. I will soon change out my current and second run of QH in the next week and my VOA has convinced me to use it a third time which will go well into a Canadian winter.

This is the oil im currently running in my 1998 f150
its been in there for about 4 months and 3k miles.
should i change it now or go at least 5k or 6 months?

Originally Posted By: ryland
wow! Thank Rouge for the VOA! This analisis alone has tilted the scales for me enough that I'm going to run this once I get my sonata broken in on dino. That TBN number is great! I will use this oil and not have to worry on extended drains that my oil is turning to acid and have a panic attack in the middle of the night!

You would be best to stay within the max manufacturers OCI while under warranty.

Originally Posted By: aztec12
This is the oil im currently running in my 1998 f150
its been in there for about 4 months and 3k miles.
should i change it now or go at least 5k or 6 months?

What makes you comfortable? With that TBN 6,000-7500 is doable.

Originally Posted By: Carzzz
any recent VOA of PP?

Plenty of UOAs, PP 5W-30 contains more calcium and boron.

So for ottotheclown, QHP is not the same as PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back