PZ 0W-16, 2019 Lincoln Navigator 3.5L Turbo, 3,350mi - Oil, 36,000mi - Truck

This is 90 percent in town driving, 10 percent highway.

Vehicle: 2019 Lincoln Navigator L Black Label
Engine: 3.5L Ecoboost High Output 450 HP

0W-16 3350 mi.jpg

End of experiments for this truck. I will stick with the 0W-20 for now as I have a stash. I think it might be good to change the air filter at this time.

Ali

Everything looks good here on your SUV "Roadster". Silicon probably still break in stuff & should come down. Thanks for sharing.

Agreed. I would presume AF's change frequency is highly dependent on location. Sarasota likely has a very low dust level in most cases, as does SE TX. I change about every 50K.

Does this Navi recommend 0w-16 or just wanted to try it? You could start this engine in the North Pole! Thanks

I would argue it did not "run just fine" on the 0w8.
I remember that thread when it started but hadn't been back since... Keeping their vehicles for only 50k on an expensive ride to run very thin oils to "test" is quite intriguing & disturbing at the same time. That is a good chunk of wear for just 1k. I wouldn't keep that same vehicle either after 50k.

I remember that thread when it started but hadn't been back since... Keeping their vehicles for only 50k on an expensive ride to run very thin oils to "test" is quite intriguing & disturbing at the same time. That is a good chunk of wear for just 1k. I wouldn't keep that same vehicle either after 50k.

Why 50k miles? Such a random number.

At 12k per year average use, that’s over 4 years worth of ownership… way longer then the average “trade er in” every 2-3 year Joe keeps their vehicles due to always needing that new car smell to show off in their life. 🤭

Back