PYB 10W-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they would use the same additive package except the 40 grade has a higher allowance for zddp under API SN compared to a 20 or 30 grade so they may be taking advantage of that.

If you want direct answers from a knowledgeable person you can call 1-800-best oil and speak to a technical staff member during business hours.

We met one of the gentleman during the Pennzoil experience and the head chemist was confident in the representatives answers and said they can always communicate if you need more information from the chemist. Keep in mind some of the information is trade secrets but you'll likely get a good answer

Just a tad thicker than 10W-30. Great for hot weather.

I use it in my Briggs & Stratton horizontal shaft engines in the Chevron flavor.

I'm thinking about trying out the 10W-40 in my car, being in Arizona's hot weather; now that it's getting (much) hotter, even the 5W-30 makes the engine sound (a bit) noisy.

You're good to go with 10W-40 in Arizona. Let us know if it quiets the engine down; I love quiet stories.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
You're good to go with 10W-40 in Arizona. Let us know if it quiets the engine down; I love quiet stories.
grin.gif

You love stories in general.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back