Push Button Start-Key Fob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Chargers at work eat the batteries up too. I bet they don't last a year and a half, probably closer to a year. We use Duracell and Energizer mainly but have also use some Interstate batteries. All 3 lasted about the same.

my brother has a 2015 Challenger with touch open and push start, he's never had to replace the fob battery.
he also has a 2014 Volt with the same options, and he's replaced it's fob battery at least twice since he bought the car LAST August. Not even a full year yet....

Originally Posted By: earlyre
my brother has a 2015 Challenger with touch open and push start, he's never had to replace the fob battery.
he also has a 2014 Volt with the same options, and he's replaced it's fob battery at least twice since he bought the car LAST August. Not even a full year yet....

Are you sure they haven't been replaced? I know when I went to the dealer, they replaced the battery in the remote and they didn't charge me or mention it in the work order. I just noticed it was new because it was a different brand than what I put in.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
quoted
Hey just drive where there are no power poles???!!@##$
Technology has lost its mind

laugh.gif
OK Eddie!
(Clark Griswold/Christmas Vacation)

Last edited:
we have the psb only on our CRV for about 2 years now and the key fob battery is still like new condition
on my Mazda without the pbs, for 10 years now, the remote key fob battery was replaced only once

if I need a new key fob battery, i'd go to the Home Depot for example

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: earlyre

Are you sure they haven't been replaced? I know when I went to the dealer, they replaced the battery in the remote and they didn't charge me or mention it in the work order. I just noticed it was new because it was a different brand than what I put in.

quite certain.
the car hasn't seen a service bay since it was purchased. heck, it hasn't had it's first oil change yet(Less than 3k mi on the clock).
it mainly just sits in the driveway while he hems and haws over selling it or not....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back