Puruvian food

I "grew up" near the Commercial Street district in the 1960's. We lived near the stockyards while I was in high school. It is good to see that there somewhat of a revival going on there. Will try to go eat there next time I am in Springfield.
About five blocks longs eclectic neighborhood. Restaurants, coffee house, couple bars, flea markets we like the vib and some art businesses. We're from the st. loius area and like that type of area.

Had chicharron plate & chicken aji verde both were very good and would return. To try other dishes.
We might be crazy driving 230 miles from home but stop by a premium grocery store that produce and meats are not the same as wally world. This store has its own bar and a full super store of liquor.
Even purchased a bottle of Ripple wine umm $3.89.

I have had ceviche while travelling at a couple places that were supposed to be good. I like seafood - but ceviche is not my thing I guess. I have had a couple rice / chicken / beef dishes that I really liked though.

I wish there were some decent Latin American places around here. Even the Mexican is awful. Luckily there is a decent Tienda I can buy stuff to make my own. You would think the supposed "cullinary hotspot" known as Charleston SC would have a little variety. They all spend there time perfecting lowcountry specialties.

A good start is Peruvian charbroiled chicken. The best place of all is behind the Mercedes dealer off Glebe Rd. in Arlington, VA. YMMV. But that with the Peruvian fried rice, garbanzo beans, and the green sauce is my go to.

Back