Purolators Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: zorobabel
Hardly a critical review, loved how he kept praising the uniformity of the pleats.

On new unused filters, what is there to critique? To my knowledge, all the torn Purolators have been on used filters. I have yet to see someone shown a torn unused one.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Hardly a critical review, loved how he kept praising the uniformity of the pleats.

On new unused filters, what is there to critique? To my knowledge, all the torn Purolators have been on used filters. I have yet to see someone shown a torn unused one.

This. New filter reviews really only show how it is constructed, not necessarily how it holds up. Kind of like reviewing a new car.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro

I'd qualify that by noting that the Purolators that tore virtually ALWAYS did so at an unusually wide pleat near the crimp. That issue has clearly been addressed, and I wouldn't hesitate to give these a try. In fact, there's a Boss sitting on my shelf waiting to replace either an Ultra or a Royal Purple, depending on which of my 440s needs oil and a filter first. Of course I intend to cut it open after use because, yes, post-use is definitely the definitive test. But this video does at least prove that the number one issue that correlated with torn media in old Purolators is no longer present... so its by no means meaningless.

Notice that the guy is giving them all the finger in the beginning of the video ...
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
But this video does at least prove that the number one issue that correlated with torn media in old Purolators is no longer present... so its by no means meaningless.

Pleats still look pretty wide open near the seam in the video at 1:06 to 1:08.

CarsNToys produces some nice videos and this one is no different.

I think it's a very informative video and the filters do look well made. I still use L14459 and PL14459, as well as other brands, without issue.

...and KMart currently has them on sale for $2.50.

Thanks for sharing, Char Baby.

Originally Posted By: wemay
CarsNToys produces some nice videos and this one is no different.

As the commenters said to his video, stating the efficiency without a corresponding particle size is useless. Guess he never called Purolator or isn't a member here to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back