Purolator Red ("Classic") and Purolator Tech - PSA

In a phone conversation today, Purolator confirmed to me that the red can "Classic" filters and the white can "Tech" filters are the same internally. They differ only by intended market, consumer vs. professional.

I know this has been mentioned here before, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to check if it is still true.

This concludes today's public service announcement. Regular programming will now resume.

I CAN believe it. LOL!!!!! Manufacturing efficiency is the name of the game on a commodity product like this. Many filters are the same internally with difference names on them. Fram makes a bunch of OEM filters with the cardboard end caps. came as EG.

I CAN believe it. LOL!!!!! Manufacturing efficiency is the name of the game on a commodity product like this. Many filters are the same internally with difference names on them. Fram makes a bunch of OEM filters with the cardboard end caps. came as EG.
Except if you look closely at them, the OEM filters that Fram makes (Honda, Subaru) seem to have thicker end caps. The guts of an OEM Honda or Subaru filter is not exactly the same as the guts of any Fram branded filter.

In a phone conversation today, Purolator confirmed to me that the red can "Classic" filters and the white can "Tech" filters are the same internally. They differ only by intended market, consumer vs. professional.

I know this has been mentioned here before, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to check if it is still true.

This concludes today's public service announcement. Regular programming will now resume.
Red paint, white paint. Whatever the end user prefers. Same product as you confirmed.

Back