purolator canister filters????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do y'all think of them?i have a 2010 toyota tundra with the 5.7 liter v8 that uses the canister oil filter.i like purolator oil filters so i wanna stick with this brand.i would like to use a pure one but none are available for my engine as of yet just the classic which is a excellent filter unless someone can tell me different.

Originally Posted By: whitearrow
i have a 2010 toyota tundra with the 5.7 liter v8 that uses the canister oil filter.

FYI, your engine uses a cartridge oil filter. Canister is the other, traditional kind.

your right pete.just got my terminology a little backwards.anyway is the purolator classic cartridge oil filter any good?are they comparable to the quality of their spin-on oil filters?

Last edited:
your right pete.just got my terminology a little backwards.anyway is the purolator classic cartridge oil filter any good?are they comparable to the quality of their spin-on oil filters?

I think all the PureONE cartridge filters are slightly less efficient than the PureONE spin-ons for some reason. Purolator rates all their cartridge filters at 99.9% @ 40 microns instead of 20 microns like most (all but 4) of their spin-ons are rated at. Look at the box for the efficiency rating.

so,busa the cartridge classic and the cartridge pure one have the same efficiency and filtration ratings?

Not sure about that ... I just know the cartridge filters have the 99.9% @ 40 micron efficiency rating. I'm not sure if Purolator makes a Classic and PureONE version of their cartridge filters. If so, then the response I got back for Purolator could have been for the PurONE version because I was asking about the PureONE spin-ons.

Here is an email I received from Purolator about that:

"Thank you for your interest in our Purolator filtration products. We have researched your concern promptly and apologize for any confusion the website may have caused. All cartridge filters have a 40% micron rating and very few (total of 4) spin-on filter's have the 40% micron rating."

so is the purolator cartridge any better than the oem toyota cartridge filter?

Even though the Purolator cartridge filter is 99.9% @ 40 microns, that probably equates to something like 97% at 20 microns.

I have no idea what the efficiency rating is on the OEM Toyota cartridge filters.

Oops! Now I remember, Hengst. Still a German owned company. Haven't found a cartridge for my Ecotec made in America by an American company.

Hey did you know some Ford engines have now two oil filters??? One is on the top of the motor easy to get to.Pretty smart I think. Once they get out of all that debt and keep on using Mazda for powertrains etc. I think they might be ok.But then it still Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back