Punked

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sorta looked like he wanted to go home and rethink his life. It was sorta done with a (would be) waving of the hand.

Obi-wan would be proud.

That was great. I hate "punks". I was always the guy defending the nerds that would get picked on.

Whatever he did (not reviewing it) had the guy listening to his body instead of mouthing off ..or even crying out in pain. Something like a plexus punch. His body was saying "SHUT UP! You're listening to ME!!".

Very nice. That guy let the punk get away with a lot. Totally justified. There are certain things you look for and the stance should've told the punk he was messing with the wrong guy.

The idiot was a rooster, not a fighter. Anybody who leaves the centerline open and keeps their hands down while trying to instigate a fight deserves what they get.

Nice shot. I don't know what started it, but the punk deserved to get hit regardless. Amazing discipline from the vet, though I think it was dangerous to let the punk get that close. You're not going to be able to block a short hook to the jaw or a headbutt to the bridge of the nose with your hands down. Maybe he was trying to goad him into an assault charge. When someone gets within range with an attitude like that, I've never felt comfortable enough to allow him to be there.

Punks look for those they think are weak. As a soft fat guy with a beard he probably looked like an easy mark! Youth combined with drugs and hormones makes for really bad judgment! I do not care if the guy I am facing is 4 foot 2 or 7 foot tall I never underestimate them. You never know what someone has done, where they have been or what they are cabable of! Presence of mind and a calm heart will take one very far. A noisy mind is the last thing one needs in a fight! HE was playing the crowd too much and inthe end it got him a light hand tot he through that took him to his but.

Bukkys will almost always walk when confronted in a manner like we just say. He did not back down , he did not show fear, he stood his grownd and really let him get away with far more then he should of. Notice how when he had the punk down he kept moving forward as the guy tried to get to his feet. He had the other guy in fear which is probably the first time in a long time anyone has made him fear anything!

Bullies are the same no matter where you go it does not matter if they are a street punk or a countries leader the phy profile is all the same. Lucky for him the other's did not want to join in group fights are a tough nut to crack. They are almost as much luck as anything. I have walked away from 1 5:1 situation on hurt but it was again as much luck as it was skill! When their are multiple attackers on both sides it get's even nastier......It is just good that one blow to the ring leader shut everyone else up!

Originally Posted By: pbm
It looked like a short left under the ear....which takes away the recipients balance.

Agreed and through it all, it was obvious the vet was not trying to seriously hurt the other guy.

One of my good pro boxer friends never ended a street fight with a knockout. He never started a fight either. What he did was beat the guy up, kind of toy with him with stiff jabs and body shots. I've never seen so many people go OK! Enough! and walk away. My buddy always let them walk away. But one day he got jumped 3 on one and all 3 ended up unconscious very quickly.

Very nice guy in real life.

There is a nice bundle of nerves on the side of the neck. A well placed shot will drop you like a bag of rocks. The backhand shot is usually a distraction technique. A hammer fist or knife edged strike with enough force can be lethal. Brachial plexus stun is what we used in LE.

You can "open" the nerve cavity for that nerve bundle by moving the subject's arm(same side arm as the side of the neck you are going to strike) so that it's at a 45 degree outward from his center. If you're brave you can verify it. Stand facing a buddy with your left hand touching his right shoulder. Have him push your arm out toward his right with his right hand as he hits the left side of your neck with knifehand edge of his his left hand. He doesn't have to do it hard. Compare how this feels with how it feels if he just strikes your neck with no concern for where your arm is.

That area behind the ear is called the mastoid process hitting it will indeed ring a bell. If you aim any shot with the earhole as your target, if you miss--which is likely in the heat of the moment--you still hit something that's gonna have a negative effect o your attacker, whether it's the mandibular hinge, the mastoid process or even just the ear. Open hands are safer than closed fists when you're going for a head shot, less likely to hurt your hand, and just as effective.

Originally Posted By: rpn453
Nice shot. I don't know what started it, but the punk deserved to get hit regardless. Amazing discipline from the vet, though I think it was dangerous to let the punk get that close. You're not going to be able to block a short hook to the jaw or a headbutt to the bridge of the nose with your hands down. Maybe he was trying to goad him into an assault charge. When someone gets within range with an attitude like that, I've never felt comfortable enough to allow him to be there.

If you look, you'll see the vet didn't actually have his hands down for long, but had them in front of his body in a vaguely non-threatening position.
Still, he did let the [censored] get too close, too often. On the flip side, he also avoided any potential lawsuit or legal problem.

MarkC. ....On the flip side said:
It's a sad commentary that a person has to 'take' a ton of abuse before doing anything inorder to avoid a lawsuit. In the old days that jerk would have been dropped much earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back