Psychic's? Believe or not?

mccandish.....
Talking future with the living is different than communicating with the Deceased.
One can be a Psychic and not a Medium. Vice-versa also. Yes, there are Psychic-Mediums that do both.
Please refer to the Venn diagram.

venn-diagram.jpg

My aunt went to a physic many years ago and that psychic told her that in the next 12 months she would have three big windfalls in her life and two of them would be the results of something good and one of them would be the result of something bad. She didn't understand what that meant at the time but then within the next year she won a brand new car, a $5000 shopping spree, and then her father died and she inherited a large sum of money. So that's a pretty amazing to have all of that happen after the psychic predicted it. I don't believe every so called psychics have this power, but I do believe a number of people do.

My mom also possessed psychic powers. When I was in a fire, she knew something was wrong with me before I even phoned her at work. Before I got into a car accident at the age of 18, she felt like something bad was going to happen and she stopped my sister from joining me on that car ride. I got into a head on collision and if there had been someone in that passenger seat they would have died for sure. Another time, when she was on the way to the hospital to visit her father, she turned to my dad in the car and declared "my father died just now" and when they got to the hospital, that was the exact time that my grandfather had died. There were many other instances similar to that when my mom just knew things that were otherwise unexplainable.

So yes, I'm definitely a believer.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: We don’t actually know the mechanism of consciousness yet, nor what consciousness really is. The effects of consciousness do seem to interact with quantum reality in empirical testing. Is all matter conscious on some level? Is matter actually a result of consciousness? Is reality a simulation? Do we really understand the rules yet, or are we only capable of asymptotically approaching understanding, never reaching it?

Oh to jump forward another 1,000 years.

This type of belief results from people not taking science classes. Studying is hard work so they resort to just believing. It is no different than people believing that vaccinations are going to kill them. It all comes from a lack of KNOWING FACTS!

This type of belief results from people not taking science classes. Studying is hard work so they resort to just believing. It is no different than people believing that vaccinations are going to kill them. It all comes from a lack of KNOWING FACTS!
Science does not always "know facts".

Vaccinations? Terrible example, especially when my wife has thickening of heart valve parts....................

Science classes are generally good, but some are just indoctrination.

What I think you TRIED to say: People generally lack critical thinking skills - even the most basic Baconian methodology escapes folks.

1709992497135.jpeg

Last edited:
My aunt went to a physic many years ago and that psychic told her that in the next 12 months she would have three big windfalls in her life and two of them would be the results of something good and one of them would be the result of something bad. She didn't understand what that meant at the time but then within the next year she won a brand new car, a $5000 shopping spree, and then her father died and she inherited a large sum of money. So that's a pretty amazing to have all of that happen after the psychic predicted it. I don't believe every so called psychics have this power, but I do believe a number of people do.

My mom also possessed psychic powers. When I was in a fire, she knew something was wrong with me before I even phoned her at work. Before I got into a car accident at the age of 18, she felt like something bad was going to happen and she stopped my sister from joining me on that car ride. I got into a head on collision and if there had been someone in that passenger seat they would have died for sure. Another time, when she was on the way to the hospital to visit her father, she turned to my dad in the car and declared "my father died just now" and when they got to the hospital, that was the exact time that my grandfather had died. There were many other instances similar to that when my mom just knew things that were otherwise unexplainable.

So yes, I'm definitely a believer.

Everything you stated there can be sumed up as circumstantial or influenced by the psychic. If a psychic tells you 3 big things will happen, and you believe it, that will have a major impact on your decision-making. You may feel more emboldened and optimistic or more cautious and restrained. You may take on more risks or face new challenges on the chance it's the great thing the psychic predicted. In many ways, you bring about whatever was told to you by altering your perspective based on the presumption of something happening. In truth, we all have significant events that happen to us every year. To predict such is merely betting on statistics, and keeping the prediction vague leaves it wide open to interpretation. It's no different than that TV fraud who claimed to speak with the dead. It's called cold-reading and is one of the oldest forms of fraud.

Everything you stated there can be sumed up as circumstantial or influenced by the psychic. If a psychic tells you 3 big things will happen, and you believe it, that will have a major impact on your decision-making. You may feel more emboldened and optimistic or more cautious and restrained. You may take on more risks or face new challenges on the chance it's the great thing the psychic predicted. In many ways, you bring about whatever was told to you by altering your perspective based on the presumption of something happening. In truth, we all have significant events that happen to us every year. To predict such is merely betting on statistics, and keeping the prediction vague leaves it wide open to interpretation. It's no different than that TV fraud who claimed to speak with the dead. It's called cold-reading and is one of the oldest forms of fraud.

There is no way you can discount all of those examples that I gave and call them circumstantial. Especially how connected my mom was to when things were going wrong with me. That is no coincidence right there. That feeling she had never failed her, she was never wrong when she felt those bad feelings. If it happened to you in your life you would believe. The reason people don't believe is that they haven't experienced this themselves. It's not as if every person possesses that ability, but they are out there.

At the end of the day though, I'm not going to change your mind and you're not going to change mine so we should just leave it at that.

Million dollars used to be laying out there for anyone that could prove psychic ability. Had been laying there for decades. Many tried and many failed to prove their predictions or psychic ability. Seem's a genuine psychic would have sucked up that cash. The challenge/reward money went away with the death of the founder/debunker James Randi of the JREF foundation. When people say that police forces use psychics in their investigations it doesn't really mean what you think it is. If anyone comes forward with information pertaining to a crime it is duly noted, psychic or citizen. According to the FBI, psychics have never solved a case or lent any actual usable clues to conclude any investigation ever. The use of generalities and no specifics is helpful for the scammers that declare their abilities. If they are actually talking to the dead it seems that specific info would be available, it never is.

Back