PS for Corolla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Royal Purple EZ max good for the corolla. Also whats the proper way of taking the old fluid out?

You can siphon/refill(easy) the reservoir or pull the PS hose.

Toyotas usually use Dexron. If your owners manual or PSF reservoir cap says dexron, then use the RP Max-ATF or any other full synthetic ATF.

I have used Mobil1 Dexron III synthetic ATF in Toyota P/S systems that require Dexron, and they work extremely well. Now Mobil1 synthetic ATF says that it is for Mercon V, but it will work in Dexron III applications.

That in mind, Dexron VI might be the best thing to use now.

I used Mobil1 MV syn ATF.

The best way to remove all old fluid is raise the vehicle in the front, disconnect return line, drain the reservior and plug the end where the return line was connected, fill up reserviour to full, crank the steering wheel right and left to lock without engine ON. All fluid in the steering column comes out while keeping the PS reservior always full. Reconnect return line and good to go, start engine and u will see a lot of bubbles in the reserviour (becoz air entered the PS system) but then it will settle down when the ATF circulates a few times. With engine ON and vehicle raised do steering locks left and right 4/5 times to push out all air in the system.

Good luck.

I just drain and refill the reservoir every other oil change (10k miles) with whatever ATF I have.

So far, after 90k miles the steering is working fine and fluid smells, oil blots and looks great.

I think ANYTHING you do is more than 98% of the average Corolla owner does. Any they never have a problem. No need for anything but the drain/refill with ANY rated fluid. Nothing special.

Bill

I agree Bill. I recently did several siphon/refills on my 94 Corolla. I am now ahead of 98% of Corollas on the road!

Had I not done it, the steering would still be A-OK with 300,000 miles. It's definitely better and quieter now that the cold weather has arrived.

I used a large medical syringe, bought at Walgreens. Worked great; made for a mess free process. A turkey baster works, but IMO, cause major drip potential on the "swing" towards the drain pan.

The smaller line connected to the reservior is the return line.. Another way of looking at it is the line that goes to the front of the vehicle for cooling (before the condensor) is the return line..

Just follow it the line towards the front of the vehicle.

BTW, if I were u, I would go with Mobil1 Syn and not regular Dexron/mercon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back