proslect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just recieved a sale circular from our local napa.it has pro select filters for$1.99 and napa conventional oil for $179 a quart are the filters any good?

$179/qt ... I'd pass! (j/k)
wink.gif

I bought 2 proselect oil filters form my napa last year, and used one. Its for a 95 neon. 3 months later, using dino oil, hacked it open, and the fitler media was partially collpased: (
Made me re think about using another proselect again.

Proselects are good filters, less media than golds, even less media than Ecores. But for 5k I think they are fine, careful, some are made in Mexico, the one for my riding mower was made in mexico. I have two sitting in the garage waiting for my 4.3 truck, half the size of a pf52, but ok for 5k miles, use without hesitation.

My local NAPA has 5 quarts of NAPA conventional and a proselect for 12.99 manager special. Good price.

Hey Pete. Do you know where the materials come from for the assembled in Mexico filters? If they are buying components from America and using Mexican labor to put them together, it isn't all bad. I like my stuff 100% American, but realistically, assembled elsewhere with American materials still keeps a lot of Americans working. Sure a better deal than Chinese stuff and maybe Purolator.

Not bashing anyone on this thread, it's just my past observations and opinion...

I get a good laugh at the folks that are all about buying American when they really have no clue about the real story behind most products they purchase.

I have a Proselect on the Corolla now from a small stash. After this OCI, I'm going to run other filters. I've heard of various Proselect issues on here, enough to make it not worth it to me.

I'll probably go with Purolator or Fram XG now.

I'm getting real tired of the whole "what country is this oil filter made in" slant that this forum is taking! This forum is supposed to discuss the technical aspects of oil filters, not go into some political nonsense about where they are made. This is a warning to all members, stop it now!
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: labman
Hey Pete. Do you know where the materials come from for the assembled in Mexico filters? If they are buying components from America and using Mexican labor to put them together, it isn't all bad. I like my stuff 100% American, but realistically, assembled elsewhere with American materials still keeps a lot of Americans working. Sure a better deal than Chinese stuff and maybe Purolator.

Media and soft parts come from the same suppliers we use, metal comes from the world market through brokers.

My observation is i don't care for them,the NPS has a very thin media and upon inspection it tore very easily and was brittle almost snapped when you bent a pleat over and that was only 5 hrs on my tractor,i since then went to a P1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back