Proper Lug Nuts / Security Nut for Enkei EKM3 Wheels

I just ordered new Enkei EKM3 wheels for my 2023 Subaru from Discount Tire online. They have not come in yet. This is my first set of aftermarket wheels and wanted to confirm the proper lug nuts. I would prefer spline nuts and probably a security feature as well. What is the proper taper etc? Thanks!

Look your part number up on summit racing and it will tell you the seat type...

However, in my experience ordering wheels from tire rack, they include the proper lugs and centering rings if such are required.

IMO I wouldn't buy an aftermarket wheel that wouldn't use the standard hardware.

Hopefully you can just order the lug nuts you want for a 2023 Subaru.

IF they don't use OE hardware, remember to toss a set of lugs in the cargo are with your spare (I hope it has a spare)

I would call discount tire and see what they recommend.
Agreed, the seller should include any needed hardware if not the OE. Also, from my experience, there will often be a ring in the center (so that the rim is centered when mounting on the hubs) that often gets stuck on when removing (in my case my aftermarkets are snow tires), and usually they'll make it so the OE doesn't fit back on...but I try to check at removal so I don't lose them, and then pop them back on the aftermarkets....

Look your part number up on summit racing and it will tell you the seat type...

However, in my experience ordering wheels from tire rack, they include the proper lugs and centering rings if such are required.

IMO I wouldn't buy an aftermarket wheel that wouldn't use the standard hardware.

Hopefully you can just order the lug nuts you want for a 2023 Subaru.

IF they don't use OE hardware, remember to toss a set of lugs in the cargo are with your spare (I hope it has a spare)
I will be doing a winter summer wheel swap so good point about keeping the proper lug nuts in the vehicle. The new Outback does come with a compact spare but also has room for a full-size spare. On past vehicles I did upgrade the spare to full-size using used rims and tires.

I just ordered new Enkei EKM3 wheels for my 2023 Subaru from Discount Tire online. They have not come in yet. This is my first set of aftermarket wheels and wanted to confirm the proper lug nuts. I would prefer spline nuts and probably a security feature as well. What is the proper taper etc? Thanks!
Ask Enkei if those wheels require "Tuner lug nuts", which are a smaller diameter than regular lug nuts.

I appreciate everyone's help. Per DuckRyder's suggestion, I went to Summit Racing and found that the Enkei wheels I purchased will use a 60 degree Conical Lug Nut. I think for the moment, this answers my questions.

If you get spline lug nuts, get 1-2 extra spline sockets and keep in the car. Daughters old boyfriend had them on his car. He got a flat but his only spline socket was home, 1 hour away. When he did get it, it snapped (cheap socket). He had to wait until next day to find one and go buy it.

Conical as in cone seat (like a straight taper)? My Honda has Ball Seat but my summer Elantra rims are Cone Seat. I do keep a set of the ball seat by the spare tire during 3 season.

I would just stick with the stock lug nuts and not worry about it. Locking lug nuts just add another problem down the road for many reasons.

I’ve got two sets of enkei wheels, and that’s correct, the standard 60 degree conical. Tire rack usually once provided me with splined gorilla nuts, and another time a narrow, maybe 17mm lug nut set. I quite prefer splined. McGard also sells splined lug nuts. The gorillas have been great. McGards is a notch above Gorilla. I like working with the splined nuts, though the sockets for them are easily purchased at a parts store, so by themselves they don’t offer much security.

Back