Project Farm Tests - Jack Stands

I have four of those. Not cheap.

And I had to grind about 1/8” out of each side for my aluminum floor jack to fit.

But I do like how solid and stable they are. I like the way the top fits into the base.

When I add a Mercedes puck adapter to the top plate they’re better than any jack stand.
Do those stands stack for storage ?

I use a Pro-Lift 6 ton set with pins. I've always used the 3 ton style but the set I ordered arrived looking beat up and possibly used. When I sent them back, I realized the 6 ton set was less than $20 more. I've been pleased so far.

When he tested pushing the vehicle forward he should have had two stands per axle, otherwise the wheels on the ground would (should) be chocked.

Clearly the Jackpoint stands were tops, but it's funny how he disregarded one of his tests which they did poorly on and would have dropped them out of the top spot. (If that test was irrelevant, then edit it out or state that it's useless at that time in the video).

With the car on stands I always still have my hydraulic jack pad in contact with the vehicle if possible.

Also I swear on the first test the US Jack got bent (you can see it as the tire hits it) but I didn't see him mention it.

That said, they're not really rated for "side impact" so you can't fault the product.....just found it odd it wasn't mentioned. Maybe I saw it wrong

Those new Daytonas look just like my ESCO stands. Might hafta check 'em out. The std ESCOs are kinda tall for my modern cars; I have the shorties as well. They get far more use. But for the Tundra, the std pair is awesome!

I just read, the Daytoynas are rated at 3 ton per pair; the ESCOS are 3 ton each. Wow, they don't look much different.

I looked at the Daytona flat-tops today at Harbor Freight. Weld and paint look nicer than my Escos. A few welds areas on my ESCOs are not impressive. Paint seemed much thicker and glossier than my ESCOs too.

Last edited:
I have the Torin Big Red stands he reviewed. Very happy with them.

They're a little short for larger vehicles.

I have a set of 3 ton and a set of 6 ton of the Torin's. They're the Duralast brand and blue, but they're made by Torin.

Reminds me I need to get another set of 3 ton to pick the Subaru up on all 4 corners for the front and rear differential oil changes...

Back