Progress on my 75 Morris Mini Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little for today
Painting_bottom_sub-frame.jpg

painting_sub-frame.jpg

Holy [censored] that's tiny! That's even smaller than a Kei truck! It almost looks like a shiner's truck.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not putting it down in any way. It's an awesome little piece of history and it's great you're restoring it.

Just... DANG!!! It's small!!
lol.gif

I can actually take the frames in my Corvair with the back seat folded down.

Now fully assembled.

front_subframe_finished.jpg

here is the front clip, in theory, Monday is the official start of the fusion of the two halves.
New_front_clip.jpg

Engine/transmission assembly to be redone next month
New_engine.jpg

And the Toyota seats I will be recovering
New_seats to be upholstered.jpg

Great job Richard! And I thought the Corvair was a really hard core restoration. I admire you man! Looking forward to the next posting of your progress.---- Oldtommy

Very cool indeed. Are these more common there in Bolivia? Here in the states, I don't think I've ever seen one, and I had a job working on vintage European cars for a while.

Quote:
Why would you ever want to re-cover those seats? grin2

I considered leaving them that way, but need to match the door panels, the exterior will be red, and the material is worn at the arm rests.

Not very common, I know of one running (Suzuki engine) and one in worse shape (too far gone). Also know of 3 Clubman wagons (one runs), about 8 or so saloons, and 4 Mokes.

A really cool pickup is the one in this picture, behind my car. It is a 1956 Austin. Only 485 were ever made.
Richard%27s_Corvair_at_club_meeting.jpg

Now it starts looking like a pickup again. All the parts are aligned, maybe tomorrow he will start welding things together.

left_side_aligned.jpg

right_side_aligned.jpg

floor_aligned.jpg

Cleaning up a little and took things apart to order rings, bearings, etc. I'll replace the timing chain with a double chain.

Thermostat_housing.jpg

thermostat_housing_polished.jpg

timing_chain.jpg

underside_of_engine.jpg

main_bearing.jpg

Plastigage_main_bearing.jpg

Also have some progress on the welding of the parts together

windshield_pillar.jpg

cross_bracing.jpg

joining_rocker_panel.jpg

welding_rocker_panel_and_floor.jpg

Status