Made a Performance Mod to my Hybrid Maverick

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
It came in yesterday but I wasn't feeling well. I purchased a Steeda Strut Tower Brace. It came professionally wrapped,, as it is powder coated. It took about 30 minutes to install with 2 bolts, 2 spacers and 2 washers. Had to relocate a wiring harness.

The Results.
Took it out for a 30 mile test drive evaluation. The strut Tower brace has done exactly what I had hoped for. It has stiffened the chassis just right. Gone is the vague feeling on initial turn in, now quicker and more linear, but not twitchy at all. The ride quality is enhanced in that body motions now do not affect the steering as much. Also noticed a reduction in cruise control pull to the right, when the throttle is applied vigorously. AKA torque steer. Seems to track straighter all the time, as compared to before. Not wanting to spend thousands on suspension mods, I think this is my perfect solution to the IMO marginal front suspension, . It is the only thing I am truly disappointed in and this has helped.. This strut brace has exorcised some of the FWD gremlins.
20230426_162341.jpg
20230426_155137.jpg

They used to tie to the firewall 30 years ago. I’m shocked a new vehicle is still flexy enough for one to make a difference but I guess every little bit helps.

The cruise applies enough torque to flex the strut towers?

They used to tie to the firewall 30 years ago. I’m shocked a new vehicle is still flexy enough for one to make a difference but I guess every little bit helps.

The cruise applies enough torque to flex the strut towers?
Believe it or not the Hybrid Mav has enough torque to have minor torque steer issues. Sport mode and mash it will have you steering left slightly.

Back