Profits jump 60% at TimeWarner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FCC has plans, off and on, to force "a la carte" cable service.

One should encourage these plans mightily.

Most people get a 60 channel package and watch about 4 channels.

A la carte service would show the "tag-along" channels where to go, or encourage them to be free. Either way it would encourage quality programming, accountability, cheaper service... you name it.

yep, cable service is still somewhat of a "honeybucket" for investors. The competition can't quite make it worth switching over in most cases. If they had a decently trained customer service dept ..I'd feel better. As it is ..I cannot wait for them to suffer all the retro-backlash of being under the utility umbrella.

Only in America could a private enterprise expand at will and charge their customers for it ..and get an assured profit. Simply amazing.

No TV for us = no need to have bloated cable service.

If/when we ever get another TV, the idea of paying per channel is good ... much the same as I can buy only one song now.

"No TV for us = no need to have bloated cable service.

If/when we ever get another TV, the idea of paying per channel is good ... much the same as I can buy only one song now."

Hallelujah!!!!! Got a TV now with rabbit ears and 6 stations to pick from. Public TV is on a lot.

Went 14 years without a TV. Substituted non-fiction reading for boob tube staring. At times, consider tossing the TV again but it is handy when the tornadoes come flying by. Life in tornado alley is a wee bit safer with the timely warnings the TV gives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back