Professional black pants options

I still like the poly knit type material....Easy to wash and no ironing needed and the dont get wrinkled...I have seen them at Wal Mart...Target and some of the bigger stores at the mall... You can also order them online...but I like to try them on first...

+1 on the George Walmart cotton-blend pants; bonus is they have a nice brass zipper. They are easy to shop usually all stacked up in bins like the GAP with smaller in the top bins fatties on the bottom.
I just bought another pair in one larger waist size :)
+ two on the George pants at Walmart cotton blend with polyester..

Give a critical eye to the look of a "nice but soft shoe" and a shoe with a leather sole and separate heel.
The two looks differ greatly.
If you have to walk in an industrial setting (pavement, decking) go with a leather (hard) sole. Cushy cushy bounce bounce feels good in the store but will tax your legs whilst walking.

Avoid any finish called "NUBUCK". It's a soft suede look but shows every bump and brush against. They quickly look BAD.
I wanted a "chrome leather" (shiny, normal) shoe but the only one they had in my size was NUBUCK. It fit so well I bought them anyway. Now, a month later, they look like very used shoes.

Pleated trousers may be slightly dated but in my fashion opinion, it's how the garment looks on you. Your build must compliment the look of the style. Let's be frank, I'm not too much differently built than you but I've lost 26 pounds over 9 months and I can tell you pleated pants look better on a fit tummy than draped over a "convex" one.

Black pants specifically? ....not even navy blue? Back when I was a kid every Army-Navy store sold basic, blue slacks for a good price. Of course, that was when painters pants were $8.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I normally wear cow boy boots. I'm considering finding a nice dressier pair for the job. I have bought sneakers over the years and haven't ever found any that were comfortable for long term. At first they feel great then after a couple hours my feet are dying. Honestly the most comfortable pair of shoes I have are a Tony Lama leather soled ostrich skin square toe cowboy boot. They aren't really the right color for this job but they are comfortable wearing all day.

I’ll second or third the Haggar pants and Ecco shoes. Buy 5 pair of the same pants once you find a size/style that works. Fresh pair every day and they’ll last you a long time. No pleats, no cuffs.

My Ecco shoes are super comfortable and have a more athletic shoe type of sole that would hold up nicely in a service writer environment but still look nice. Maybe $150ish but they have sales frequently. I’d buy 2 pair of nicer shoes and alternate them if you have sweaty feet. That gives them a day to dry out between wearings and makes them last longer.

My only complaint with my Eccos is that they squeak on our floor at the office, more than any other shoe I own.

....For the last twenty years she’s told me over and over that pleats on men’s dress pants are the 21st century equivalent of a pocket protector: it screams out “I’m a socially-awkward nerd......
"Fashion" and "style" are arbitrary and relative. I think plain-front skinny pants scream nerd.

Back