Professional black pants options

I've never had a job where I had to dress professional. But alas I have a job opportunity being a service advisor with the plan of being a manager by year end. I need black pants something durable but comfortable. I'm a bigger guy 36w 32 length. Where should I go look? No jeans no work out pants. Needs to be professional looking. Looking forward to any recommendations. Thanks everyone.

For your type of work, I suggest going to Walmart men’s dept and looking at their “GEORGE” line of slacks. They’re casual dress(not cargo pants) and won’t break the bank(inexpensive and durable). Most are around $15-20 pr.

Meaning that you can buy multiple pair so you can have several for changing throughout the work week. And you’ll always look sharp & put together for those morning meetings. And don’t forget some decent 👞 shoes which will help you look even more snappy.
https://www.walmart.com/search?q=George+men’s+slacks

Last edited:
I have multiple pairs of Haggar no-iron. Extremely comfortable, mostly due to the flex waistband. They've held up well and can be found on sale often.

As to the shoes comment, I'll say go Ecco and you will never look back.

^^ This
Front pleats or no pleats?
Land's End used to be my go to for dress slacks, but that was long ago. JC Penny's sell them too (if there are any left in your area).

I've had good luck with Mens Warehouse, and Express for men. If you can go quasi casual then Duluth Trading Company. I have to work maintenance every day and these have far outlived my Dickies.

I have multiple pairs of Haggar no-iron. Extremely comfortable, mostly due to the flex waistband. They've held up well and can be found on sale often.

As to the shoes comment, I'll say go Ecco and you will never look back.
Eeco she's? I cant say I've heard of them. I'll look them up though.

Eeco she's? I cant say I've heard of them. I'll look them up though.
You can find black pants at Kohl's or Macy's. Haggar 18 are nice.

All the Ecco shoes that I have came in metric sizes. Steve Madden shoes are nice to look at but not made for daily wearing. They're not high quality. Good if you want to rotate through 20 pairs of shoes. Not good if you want to wear the same one or two pairs of shoes everyday.

I was thinking Dockers might be appropriate for the look, but not sure about the durability. I thought that many service writers might get a little bit messy brushing up against this or that, so obviously worsted wool isn't going to work and I'm thinking anything that would need to be dry cleaned isn't acceptable.

So probably cotton/poly work pants. Dickies is probably the most common, but Ben Davis is still pretty good.

I've never had a job where I had to dress professional. But alas I have a job opportunity being a service advisor with the plan of being a manager by year end. I need black pants something durable but comfortable. I'm a bigger guy 36w 32 length. Where should I go look? No jeans no work out pants. Needs to be professional looking. Looking forward to any recommendations. Thanks everyone.
Deluth

^^ This
Front pleats or no pleats?
Land's End used to be my go to for dress slacks, but that was long ago. JC Penny's sell them too (if there are any left in your area).
I don’t know how accurate this is, but my cousin is a businesswoman who is very high up in one of the world’s top fashion manufacturers, and is herself a former world-famous model. I tend to go to her for advice. For the last twenty years she’s told me over and over that pleats on men’s dress pants are the 21st century equivalent of a pocket protector: it screams out “I’m a socially-awkward nerd who doesn’t know how to dress.”

That’s just coming from her. She’s the only person I’ve ever known with such a strong background in fashion, so I trust her.

I don’t know how accurate this is, but my cousin is a businesswoman who is very high up in one of the world’s top fashion manufacturers, and is herself a former world-famous model. I tend to go to her for advice. For the last twenty years she’s told me over and over that pleats on men’s dress pants are the 21st century equivalent of a pocket protector: it screams out “I’m a socially-awkward nerd who doesn’t know how to dress.”

That’s just coming from her. She’s the only person I’ve ever known with such a strong background in fashion, so I trust her.
True.

Pleats went out of style LONG ago.

They're like white new balance tennis shoes with socks pulled up half way up your calf.

True.

Pleats went out of style LONG ago.

They're like white new balance tennis shoes with socks pulled up half way up your calf.
I’m going to have to change my style then…

In all seriousness, Ecco makes very nice shoes.

The pair I’ve got cost a bit over $200, are supportive, comfortable, have lasted several years of daily wear, and have GoreTex under the leather making them truly comfortable in bad weather.

You get what you pay for. If you’re going to be on your feet all day, get a really good pair of shoes.

+1 on the George Walmart cotton-blend pants; bonus is they have a nice brass zipper. They are easy to shop usually all stacked up in bins like the GAP with smaller in the top bins fatties on the bottom.
I just bought another pair in one larger waist size :)

Back