Production Ford Focus ST/ST-R and ST Wagon Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate FWD for performance cars, it's like why bother? But if the torque-steer compensation is decent it could be alright I guess.

Either way it is going to have to be priced decently lower than a WRX to have anyone even consider it.

I agree the hatch looks cool.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I love the 5 door hatch version I saw earlier today. Nice job Ford.

If our Accord or Civic was stolen tomorrow, I would buy the Focus 5 door hatch as its replacement.

The Focus and Taurus are great looking cars- I even like the interior. -Though its a little busy for my tastes.

I was given a 2010 model when I had to travel out of state for a week. -I was thinking: "Oh great a blah Focus" (I was hoping for the new civic!) Anyway, I tracked the gas mileage for my 300 (each way) mile trip and I got 43.5 mpg with AC on, and keeping with the flow of traffic (between 65-72). When I hit a small town with stop and go my average was around 39.5 mpg. I was VERY impressed and I have a new appreciation for the car. It also drove much nicer than the Hyundai Elantra I had rented a month ago.

If I were to find a manual around the time I am looking at a new cars, I would consider it.

FYI I am NOT a fanboy of Ford, I currently drive a Toyota Solara.

Originally Posted By: cmf
I hate FWD for performance cars, it's like why bother? But if the torque-steer compensation is decent it could be alright I guess.

Either way it is going to have to be priced decently lower than a WRX to have anyone even consider it.

I agree the hatch looks cool.

I so wish that they would offer a 'club sport/RS' version with an AWD system (lightweight as possible)!!
20.gif

Did I miss something? The Inside Line article says there's no specs offered for a U.S. version. That means there is no U.S. version. Why the excitement then?

Looks like a compelling package though. The Recaro seats are hideous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back