Probably going for the Sebring, some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on guys, the Sebring isn't that bad. I would avoid the 2.7 and I am not a fan of the interior, but with the 3.5 it is a solid vehicle.

As others have suggested, Fusion, Accord before the ugly '08 redesign, Malibu, and I know you noted some issues with Camry but I am sure it's a decent car overall. All cars have issues and all cars break at some point, but I think any midsize produced within the last 5 years is going to be a very solid car.

Just a matter of what floats your boat - you're driving it not the posters on this board!

Personally, I'd pass on any and all extended warranties. Do your homework and find a vehicle with good reliability that doesn't need a warranty. Put the savings towards a later model with low miles and/or a certified used.
Furthermore, many vehicles these days already have powertrain warranties that run to 100,000 miles.

Not knocking Sebring mind you, I like the convertible version but I wouldn't touch the first year after a redesign of anything. 2010 seems to be the better Sebring year and there are plenty available in the $15,000 range.

P.S.- Always use a credit card for deposits, that way you can dispute it if the dealer balks at a refund.

Hello guys I am new here and my opinion probably wont count but I'm in the minority by saying that I have had several Chrysler products over the years and they were just as good as anything else I've had, as a matter of fact not to long ago I traded in my 1991 Prelude that was a good car on a Chrysler Concord and have been very pleased.I'm starting to see that most of what I learn from Bitog is opinions instead of facts, seems like anything I like is disliked by everyone else.

About 6 months ago I took a fusion (2008) for a test ride. I walked away thinking my 2007 Sebring was better riding and handling that the Fusion. Also, the HVAC set up in my Chrysler was better suited for me. That being said, test drive them all and decide for yourself. You will have to live with what you purchase, so make sure your happy with it. As to reliability, to me they are all equal.

My experiences have been similar to yours of Chrysler, rare to have any major issues. Chrysler Corp has always been an easy target of detractors and continues to be. Consumer Reports + personal opinions never equated to anything of valued substance by me irregardless of subject content. Continue the thrashing and I keep laughing.

Originally Posted By: ToddGak1
Hello guys I am new here and my opinion probably wont count but I'm in the minority by saying that I have had several Chrysler products over the years and they were just as good as anything else I've had, as a matter of fact not to long ago I traded in my 1991 Prelude that was a good car on a Chrysler Concord and have been very pleased.I'm starting to see that most of what I learn from Bitog is opinions instead of facts, seems like anything I like is disliked by everyone else.

Originally Posted By: Challenger71
My experiences have been similar to yours of Chrysler, rare to have any major issues. Chrysler Corp has always been an easy target of detractors and continues to be. Consumer Reports + personal opinions never equated to anything of valued substance by me irregardless of subject content. Continue the thrashing and I keep laughing.

Originally Posted By: ToddGak1

I decided to go for a Toyota Corolla, for practicality reasons, but I agree, Chrysler gets slammed a little too much, and I don't know what.

Nonetheless, the TE41 and near 100% failure of the 2.7L V6 from 1998-2002 are what really hurt their name.

Americans seem to love anything Japan related no matter what the product which is funny to me because I like Chrysler products and European vehicles. No matter how many times I visit this country I will never understand its people.

You might set aside some time and just sit down and talk
to the people of our country. Going one on one goes a long
way in understanding. In all of my foreign travels, nothing
has been more satisfying or positive to learn about a country
than to sit down and listen, converse and share ideas with
the people of the country. It brings about a knowledge than
can speak volumes in understanding............

Thank you for your reply CMMeadAm, very truthful advice. I come to U.S two times a year, stay with friends in Tn. and rent small apt. in N.Y. but have very little time to learn about customs of U.S. Strange Americans love Japanese products so much in my country many like American products but also many traditionalists stay with Japanese products.I like Chrysler products, have given little trouble and feel good to drive on highway.

I am not a Sebring fan, but we have an 09 in the family. It is far from an exciting car but is still very nicely fitted out and has a very nice interior. Quiet and smooth underway. Adequate power.

And zero service history.

YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back