Primacy MXV4 195/60R15 88V - Tire Rack Flubs One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this straight. Your car DID have suspension issues, yet you're still trying to blame all issues on the tire? I get it that the balance amount is odd, but have you spun a bare wheel? I suspect something else is wrong.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Let me get this straight. Your car DID have suspension issues, yet you're still trying to blame all issues on the tire? I get it that the balance amount is odd, but have you spun a bare wheel? I suspect something else is wrong.

Where did you get that from Einstein?

But - no - as per normal you do not have it "straight" and you do not "get it".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Ill start off by saying "my apologies", because I was replying actually to the comments by oil maven.

Originally Posted By: oilmaven
This is similar to the experience I've had with the Michelin Defender tires I purchased from TR. I mentioned in an older post that I had an ongoing problem with a vibration at 60+ mph on the Villager. Over the time I had the tires put on I've had the tires road-forced 2 times (one tire was 36 lbs...the others were in the teens...TR sent a new tire to replace the bad one as it was within the 30 day replacement). The vibration was not solved by replacing the tire. I replaced a front lower ball joint which had a hint of play in it...everything else in the front suspension is tight as confirmed by 3 different shops.

I also replaced the struts, mounts and shocks and had an alignment done which greatly improved the ride and handling but did nothing to quell the vibration. The shop that replaced the ball joint (I've used them before...competent techs that I trust) checked the balance on all the tires (for at least the 10th time) and said the rear tires bounced on the balancer although they were balanced they were badly out of round and would need to be replaced. A call to TR and their call to Michelin resulted in 2 replacements being shipped which I brought to the same shop to install. Lo and behold, these were "bouncing like basketballs" on the balancer according to the tech (mind you we've now replaced 3 of the 4 original tires). The shop balanced them out the best they could and installed them on the van. The vibration was actually better than before (tech test drove and agreed)...but still there.

I called TR AGAIN and reported what the shop was telling me (they documented their observations regarding the "hopping" on the balancer of the new tires) and they said they'd speak to Michelin. I received a call back the next day and Michelin said they'd arrange to pick up the tires and credit me for the FULL purchase price if I wanted to install different tires.

I'm now waiting for a new set of Bridgestones to arrive for installation on the van at which point I'll arrange to ship the Defenders back to TR for credit. I've never owned Michelin tires before and find it hard to believe that I've had so many problems with these. The tires are nice in most respects...quiet and smooth as you'd expect but I have no clue as to why I've received so many out-of-round tires. I do have to say that I have NO complaints regarding the service I received from TR and Michelin...they've gone out of their way to satisfy me (not including my out-of-pocket expenses for the multiple balancings)and I'm hoping different tires solve the problem once and for all. I've also NEVER had an out-of-round issue with new tires before and I've owned just about every brand out there. Is it possible that Michelin has some quality or design issues going on?

Instead of calling names like a hot head, including some more pointed ones in private commentary, perhaps you should keep track of and comprehend your own thread.

Yes, I get it that I should have quoted (thought I had, my mistake), and actually I recognize now that what I was replying to was actually multiple years old. But YOU brought an old thread back from the dead regarding an issue that was otherwise resolved. I didn't notice it at the time, that the post ages were so old.

But let's call a spade a spade. If you had comprehended your thread, and the discussion in it properly, you might have had an inkling of indication that since you didn't replace parts, and someone else did, that perhaps I wasn't meaning you. It might have been useful to use a bit of logic before flying off the handle. After all, side discussions and not quite answering the question asked is common in forums.

But I do apologize for not watching dates and not quoting properly to show reference to a post in the thread. My fault and my apologies. But still no reason to fly off the handle and call names. Perhaps you'll be man enough to recognize that as well.

JHZR2, you made the mistake of not looking at the dates of the thread and not quoting what you were responding to. No need for a long "apology" that includes bashing the OP. Just say "oops, my bad" and move on.

There were far more derogatory remarks than what you saw. An explanation was requested, though I doubt any will do.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Ill start off by saying "my apologies", because I was replying actually to the comments by oil maven.

Originally Posted By: oilmaven
This is similar to the experience I've had with the Michelin Defender tires I purchased from TR. I mentioned in an older post that I had an ongoing problem with a vibration at 60+ mph on the Villager. Over the time I had the tires put on I've had the tires road-forced 2 times (one tire was 36 lbs...the others were in the teens...TR sent a new tire to replace the bad one as it was within the 30 day replacement). The vibration was not solved by replacing the tire. I replaced a front lower ball joint which had a hint of play in it...everything else in the front suspension is tight as confirmed by 3 different shops.

I also replaced the struts, mounts and shocks and had an alignment done which greatly improved the ride and handling but did nothing to quell the vibration. The shop that replaced the ball joint (I've used them before...competent techs that I trust) checked the balance on all the tires (for at least the 10th time) and said the rear tires bounced on the balancer although they were balanced they were badly out of round and would need to be replaced. A call to TR and their call to Michelin resulted in 2 replacements being shipped which I brought to the same shop to install. Lo and behold, these were "bouncing like basketballs" on the balancer according to the tech (mind you we've now replaced 3 of the 4 original tires). The shop balanced them out the best they could and installed them on the van. The vibration was actually better than before (tech test drove and agreed)...but still there.

I called TR AGAIN and reported what the shop was telling me (they documented their observations regarding the "hopping" on the balancer of the new tires) and they said they'd speak to Michelin. I received a call back the next day and Michelin said they'd arrange to pick up the tires and credit me for the FULL purchase price if I wanted to install different tires.

I'm now waiting for a new set of Bridgestones to arrive for installation on the van at which point I'll arrange to ship the Defenders back to TR for credit. I've never owned Michelin tires before and find it hard to believe that I've had so many problems with these. The tires are nice in most respects...quiet and smooth as you'd expect but I have no clue as to why I've received so many out-of-round tires. I do have to say that I have NO complaints regarding the service I received from TR and Michelin...they've gone out of their way to satisfy me (not including my out-of-pocket expenses for the multiple balancings)and I'm hoping different tires solve the problem once and for all. I've also NEVER had an out-of-round issue with new tires before and I've owned just about every brand out there. Is it possible that Michelin has some quality or design issues going on?

Instead of calling names like a hot head, including some more pointed ones in private commentary, perhaps you should keep track of and comprehend your own thread.

Yes, I get it that I should have quoted (thought I had, my mistake), and actually I recognize now that what I was replying to was actually multiple years old. But YOU brought an old thread back from the dead regarding an issue that was otherwise resolved. I didn't notice it at the time, that the post ages were so old.

But let's call a spade a spade. If you had comprehended your thread, and the discussion in it properly, you might have had an inkling of indication that since you didn't replace parts, and someone else did, that perhaps I wasn't meaning you. It might have been useful to use a bit of logic before flying off the handle. After all, side discussions and not quite answering the question asked is common in forums.

But I do apologize for not watching dates and not quoting properly to show reference to a post in the thread. My fault and my apologies. But still no reason to fly off the handle and call names. Perhaps you'll be man enough to recognize that as well.

Oh I see, you made a mistake, but that is my fault?

For the record the title of your post was: Re: Primacy MXV4 195/60R15 88V - UPDATE 36.408 mi [Re: DuckRyder]

Not only that, but you couldn't come and simply clarify by editing your post but once again you feel the need to bring the contents of a report out in the open.

You brought the contents of a report out in the past, then said you did not, even though you used the exact text in the report. That makes what I said in the report the truth, not name calling.

Further you demonstrated your weak moral fiber by condoning a fraud against Audi.

How is that for calling "a fig a fig". (check the entomology of your colloquialism that many consider a slur nowadays if you do not "get that".)

If I could put you on ignore I would. I generally just let it go, but when you drop snarky excrement in my thread it is hard to let it go.

I don't accept your (backhanded) apology and I offer none of my own.

Now, you could delete everything starting with your post and we can get back on track, or we can keep heading off the rails where you sent it.

Last edited:
I don't even know what you're talking about. Weak moral fiber? Posting notifications? The fact that you made some rather pounted commentary about me in a notification doesn't mean that I posted it. The fact that you want to call me such things and then question my moral fiber is rather telling.

Had I deleted my comments snd yours, there would surely be a gripe about me covering my tracks and not leaving mistakes out in the open. I don't delete it, so now you gripe over that.

You win. Congrats. No matter what I do I'm sure you'll gripe. I'll leave this here and open so you can do just that, no worries. There's far more to life than arguing with a hothead on a web forum. I'm done with this. My apologies, that's it. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back