Pretty ships in world of warships

Yeah, Nassau is far easier to use in my experience so far. I did manage to completely destroy a North Carolina in one salvo, which was pretty sweet, but most of the games I've played so far I've got my posterior handed to me, which was not the case with the Nassau.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Yeah, Nassau is far easier to use in my experience so far. I did manage to completely destroy a North Carolina in one salvo, which was pretty sweet, but most of the games I've played so far I've got my posterior handed to me, which was not the case with the Nassau.

Think you mean South Carolina which is the USN T3 BB. The North Carolina is the USN T8 BB and you wouldn't see that unless somehow via a completely nuts MM game involving you as part of a division of higher tier ships( I have seen it though - have seen T3/T4 ships in my T6/T7's on rare occasions ). I don't even know if Kaiser's guns could hurt a NC( one of the best BB's in the game )? LOL I have trouble with them in my T6 and T7 BB's. Their armor is very good and their guns are just BRUTAL!

Yeah, it is awesome when you take a BB out from full/good strength with 1 salvo. Especially in the lower tiers where the guns are so inaccurate. I actually surprised myself just yesterday when I took a full strength St. Louis out with one salvo from my Wyoming. I know STL is a Cruiser but let's be honest it is more of a pocket BB with a lot of HP and armor. I find them harder to take out than the low tier IJN BB's. It was coming at me at a slight angle and I got lucky with dispersion and just torched it for 3 citadels. I was shocked. Was at max range so I believe it was plunging strikes through the deck.

Kaiser's guns especially are bad I found( accuracy wise ). Have you found them to be like that? Seems like the majority either fall short, fly off to one side or the other completely out of the picture, or over shoot. If you get 2-3 hits in a salvo I always considered it good. It amazes me that my accuracy % in it is about the same as my other low tier BB's because it was awful. Don't get how?

Hang in there. The T5 Konig is just flat out fantastic. You will LOVE that BB once you get there. Guns are a little small for a T5( same 305MM as Kaiser )but they are crazy stupid accurate even out to max range. I don't plan to ever sell it. Just had a great 4 kill 110K damage game yesterday with it actually.

I give you credit for jumping right into Random as early as you have.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
I just have never liked it and I think maybe playing Co-op for so long has so tainted my play style that I am a lost cause in Random now? I try it now and then and do okay personally but do nothing but lose. I also always seem to end up having issues with a jerk and it just sours me on the mode. Again, I commend you for doing Randoms. Actually, once you get higher up you really have little choice as the service fee is so high that once you hit T7 you need really good games just to break even and monster games to profit even with flags and such. I get so sick of only making a couple $K in a match with my T7 BB's. I really wanted the T8 Bismarck but I cans ee I won't be able to afford it in Co-op so why bother.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

Think you mean South Carolina which is the USN T3 BB.

Derp! Yes, sorry the South Carolina.

Kaiser's guns especially are bad I found( accuracy wise ). Have you found them to be like that? Seems like the majority either fall short, fly off to one side or the other completely out of the picture, or over shoot. If you get 2-3 hits in a salvo I always considered it good. It amazes me that my accuracy % in it is about the same as my other low tier BB's because it was awful. Don't get how?

Hang in there. The T5 Konig is just flat out fantastic. You will LOVE that BB once you get there. Guns are a little small for a T5( same 305MM as Kaiser )but they are crazy stupid accurate even out to max range. I don't plan to ever sell it. Just had a great 4 kill 110K damage game yesterday with it actually.

Good to know, and yes, I've experienced that, which is likely part of the reason why I enjoy Nassau more than it.

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
I just have never liked it and I think maybe playing Co-op for so long has so tainted my play style that I am a lost cause in Random now? I try it now and then and do okay personally but do nothing but lose. I also always seem to end up having issues with a jerk and it just sours me on the mode. Again, I commend you for doing Randoms. Actually, once you get higher up you really have little choice as the service fee is so high that once you hit T7 you need really good games just to break even and monster games to profit even with flags and such. I get so sick of only making a couple $K in a match with my T7 BB's. I really wanted the T8 Bismarck but I cans ee I won't be able to afford it in Co-op so why bother.
frown.gif

That sucks, yeah, I find Random a bit more frustrating because the gameplay is so varied, but I do well enough in it often enough that the payback is worth it, and facilitates my upgrades that much quicker
smile.gif

Good to know, and yes, I've experienced that, which is likely part of the reason why I enjoy Nassau more than it.

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
frown.gif

That sucks, yeah, I find Random a bit more frustrating because the gameplay is so varied, but I do well enough in it often enough that the payback is worth it, and facilitates my upgrades that much quicker
smile.gif

1st time I fired a salvo from Kaiser the shells went everywhere but where I was aiming and I was like..."wait??...what??...how is that possible??"
lol.gif
. I could not believe how bad it was when I 1st started playing it. Eventually I got used to it but OY was it bad.
lol.gif

I kid you not I have targeted an enemy ship with Kaiser that had another one close by and completely missed the one I was shooting at( due to dispersion not my aim )and had a flyer actually hit the other ship. I mean HUH???
lol.gif

I know the post battle payout is a lot better in Random but at least getting to T7's I didn't need to play there. If I ever want to be able to play any T8+ ships I get I most likely will have to though. That or buy the permanent camos and use a butt load of flags and such. Even then probably break even at best.

I don't get why WOWS makes the service fees so high in the higher up tiers? It is a game not real life. Make it enjoyable and fun. Playing your butt off and losing credits as so many talk of in higher tier games( not just Co-op but in Random too )seems nuts to me. Again, it is a game so do we really even need a service fee? The service fee is livable through T6 but at T7 is just jumps like crazy and gets worse and worse. I don't get why it has to be so high in the higher up tiers?

Also, if you are going to allow people to play any tier in Co-op they need to adjust the service fee so you actually can afford to play there higher up. If not don't let people play there past T6 where it can still be profitable. I mean the service few for my T7 BB's in Co-op is almost $50K. May not sound that bad but when you take into account how fast a Co-op game can go you many times don't have a chance to do enough damage to even break even. I had a game a short while back in Nagato where we had 5 DD BOTS and a CL BOT on our team. Was me and a CL as the only humans. They all ran into the middle( was map Ring )as I tried to catch up( slow )and killed each other right off. The other human was in a Leander and he torped the enemy BB to end game. I got one shot at the enemy BB for about 11K in damage and that was it. Lost $35K in credits. I think the match lasted all of 3 minutes.
33.gif

Anyway, you are doing good. Hope you continue to advance and do well. You will love Konig when you get to it.

Last edited:
OVERKILL;

Thought I would give you an idea of how good Konig can be. Sort of to help you through the Kaiser grind.
39.gif

Had this game yesterday where I only did 104K in damage but I damaged all 8 of the enemy ships and sunk 4. Our team stayed together good which is a rarity and we focused the enemy ships down fast. Had it been the usual where I find myself alone against 3-4+ I am sure I would have done more damage.

Had this 117K game last month where I sink 4 and almost take out the enemy CV for the 5th...

And just had this gem a few minutes ago where I do 130K in damage and just wreck the enemy fleet on my side of the map. I went left at spawn thinking I had support but turns out I was alone. The ones initially going left did a U turn and went with all the others right. Only sunk 2 but should have been more as I did all the heavy lifting while other players cleaned up the scraps from WAAAYYY off in the distance where I guess they felt safe
lol.gif
. Had the CV all but out of it as well and it was stolen by someone too just as my last salvo was falling to take it out
33.gif
. Should have had 4 kills. Note - I did not steal the Emerald kill. It popped up near me already badly hurt so I ended it's misery.
lol.gif

I am telling you, Konig is absolutely brutal on Cruisers T4-T7 as it is so accurate and reloads quickly. T4/T5 BB's are no problem for it. T6's require a little more work as its' guns are smallish but it's armor is good and let's you take more to stay in it. Once it is put against T7 BB's it is in trouble though. If that does happen all you do is go the other way and fire HE as you run to burn them down.
lol.gif

I have mine spec'd for aiming of the main guns but my Capt has AFT and the secondary's are pretty good for a T5 at 5.7km. Even the AA isn't too bad on it. I just love this BB! Flat out love it. One of my favorites of any I have played. I think you will love it when you get there too. Hope this helps make the Kaiser grind easier knowing what awaits you at the end.
24.gif

Haven't posted in a while so thought I would add something to the thread. Have not been well and thus haven't played much WOWS since I posted the screenshots above for OVERKILL about the Konig almost 2 weeks ago. Think I played 2 times, briefly, before playing about 20 games today. Wow has my aim gone to pot.
crazy2.gif
It is amazing how fast you can lose your feel for this game when you don't play it for a while. Took me a while to get used to it again( lead and angled shots especially ). I ended the day with some good 80-100K damage, multiple kill, games but had one I will post about.

I was in my BAYERN and the map was NEIGHBORS which I have come to really like and especially when in a BB. As usual for me it was a Co-op match. The MM was pretty good I felt too...

T7 USN BB COLORADO
T6 KM BB BAYERN
T6 IJN BB FUSO
T5 IJN BB KONGO (ARP HIEI)
T5 IJN BB KONGO (ARP HARUNA)
T7 IJN CA MYOKO
T5 IJN CA FURUTAKA
T7 USN DD SIMS

Match started out innocently enough with me going to the left side to C( side with multiple small islands vs the one with the 3 main big ones ). Announced before game started I was going that way and right after our FURUTAKA announced he was going to hide. We all thought he was kidding but nope. That is exactly what he did. He went as far off to one side of the map(A) as he could, parked his ship, and exited game. He was pink so I think maybe he just entered a Co-op game to work off a game towards removing his TK status.

So anyway we all move up. Pretty normal start. The enemy DD showed up 1st as always and as nothing else was showing and it was bearing down on me I fired at it 2X's for some decent damage for BB AP on a DD. Then another ship took it out. After that it was a lot of maneuvering around islands shooting at various enemy ships. I pretty much only engaged the BB's in this match as they were all on my side and the Cruisers on the other. I did get one long shot off at one of the CA's at one point for a little damage.

Anyway, even though I wasn't sinking anything I was taking big chunks out of all of the enemy BB's left and right and not getting hurt back too bad. Unfortunately, this turned into one of those games where I wound up all alone at the end against multiple enemy's( 4 ). I honestly have no clue how it got to that point? I was the main object of the enemy for a good part of the match prior to me being alone( was constantly targeted by 3+ ships all game )and yet everyone else died? Strange. Anyway...

When I found myself alone at the end I was against the enemy COLORADO, FUSO, BAYERN and one of the KONGO's. I just happened to be at the right spot to catch the COLORADO broadside as it came around an island and nailed it good which took it down to about 5K HP left. I then went into my standard kite away defensive mode. Fired HE at the COLORADO 2X's and got it burning good both times. They stayed lit the 2nd time as it had used it's DCP to put the 1st ones out so I just let it burn down and focused on the other ships. Looked for the KONGO as it would be the easiest to take out but it had vanished( it actually went and blew up the AFK guy
crackmeup2.gif
). So, I swapped my attention to the FUSO which was almost 100% but figured with it's weaker armor it would be easier to kill than the slightly damaged BAYERN. FUSO has more guns, is more accurate, and fires faster than BAYERN too so it was my priority.

Played the WASD, kite away, game with the 2 BB's chasing me. Took some good damage but never got to the point I was worried about anything other than time running out. I pounded and pounded on the FUSO and got it knocked down fast using a combo of HE and AP. Eventually I started to get close to the edge which worried me but was able to maneuver around an island which let me get both the ship and guns swung while not being shot at. I was able to double back on the 2 BB's chasing me, get off the edge, and start going the other way. The FUSO was badly hurt so I figured I could charge it, take it out, and then kite away from the BAYERN to deal with it while hoping the missing KONGO stayed on vacation a little longer.
lol.gif

Worked like I planned to a degree. Got around the island, got my turrets turned, and was able to start heading away from the edge. As expected the FUSO suddenly popped into view from behind the island and was mostly broadside. It had repaired a lot of damage while I was behind the island but I hit it hard taking it down a lot. Unfortunately, this is where everything fell apart on me.

Going behind the island the BAYERN was a ways off behind the FUSO. I had taken a heading that would have me angled against them both but with most guns to bear when they appeared. The BAYERN however was not in the distance behind the FUSO it was now between the FUSO and me and off my right hand side with a clear shot into me. I turned in towards the FUSO which angled me to the BAYERN and figured I would continue with the plan. I kept myself "Capping the T" on the FUSO while shooting at it( not much damage - bow on ). I was planning to go past then swing right bringing me broadside to it while it's guns wouldn't be lined up. I could take it out( or badly hurt it )then focus on the BAYERN. The FUSO didn't get the memo though.
crackmeup2.gif

I kept having to angle in more and more to keep the BAYERN from having a good shot at me and unfortunately, the FUSO decided to ram me. I got too close before I realized it was going to and could not evade it. I know it is a BOT and they are super aggressive but I didn't expect it to be honest. I was so mad! I honestly felt I was going to pull it out. I had plenty of health + 2 heals left and I knew that other KONGO was almost dead when I last saw it( could have healed some back but not a lot ). All I had to do was finish the FUSO, deal with the BAYERN one on one( much easier ), than track down and finish the KONGO. Could see it in my mind. But NOPE!
lol.gif

So what is the point of this long winded ramble and why is it post worthy? Because, I did the most damage I have ever done in a Co-op game and I LOST!!!! I did 165K in damage and just wrecked the enemy fleet but lost. Drives me nuts. How do you do 165K in damage in a Co-op game and lose? Well, the above is how.
lol.gif

Not killing some of those enemy BB's earlier came back to bite me. Despite my 165K in damage I only sunk 2. Early on I was spreading the damage around and figured teammates would help more than they did. Our team's COLORADO fought well but the others were pretty bad( I blocked their names in screen shot ).

So I figured I would post up FWIW. 165K damage in any mode of WOWS is really good but especially so in Co-op where there are only 8 ships total to farm your damage off. I damaged 6 of the 8 but again only sunk 2. Wish now I had stayed with some targets a little longer until I sunk them and maybe the game goes different? Doesn't help when you are down a ship right from the start either like we were with the TK guy who bailed.

PS - notice the pathetic payout. I have let my premium membership run out. So playing Co-op as a standard/free account really pays nothing.

So, here it is...

Was gonna update and forgot, but I was able to get Konig early in the week, but I've only played it twice. As you noted, the aim is orders of magnitude better than Kaiser, which I was finding frustrating, as it just seems to shotgun all over the place.

Will post some screenies once I've got some decent plays in with it
thumbsup2.gif

Was gonna update and forgot, but I was able to get Konig early in the week, but I've only played it twice. As you noted, the aim is orders of magnitude better than Kaiser, which I was finding frustrating, as it just seems to shotgun all over the place.

Will post some screenies once I've got some decent plays in with it
thumbsup2.gif

I haven't played much recently, since I was out of town for work and have been busy playing Mass Effect Andromeda. But I have some bad news about this actually, with one of the upcoming patches (currently live on the public test server) the Konig accuracy is being nerfect from 2.0 sigma (vertical dispersion) to 1.8, a pretty substantial nerf, as it is overperforming by quite a bit compared to the other T5 battleships. So don't get too used to the nice accuracy the Konig has now
smile.gif

On an offshoot, I got the T9 German Cruiser Roon recently, the T8 Russian cruiser Chapayev, and just bought the T4 IJN premium cruiser Yuubari.

Congrat's on your new ships Nick. That is great. I am only a few thousand XP from the USN T7 BB COLORADO now but as my health has taken such a turn I don't play much anymore. I don't even have a premium membership anymore so even if I got it I wouldn't be able to afford to play it where I prefer in Co-op. But at least I can get there as an accomplishment.

Played a little today and had a couple decent games. Going to post screen shots that included the pay out screen to show how bad it is on a free membership in Co-op. Had a lot of games where I barely made anything as the games ended so fast but with the premium I would have at least got like 30K. Just really bad on a standard + Co-op. The last screenshot for each will be the payout screen. What I got is to the left and what I could have got with premium is to the right = ouch.

This was a FUSO game that had me defending base and our CV with just another BB( SCHARNHORST )basically against the entire enemy fleet as the rest of our team ran off chasing the enemy CV and trying to take the enemy base. They wouldn't come back when we called for help which I just don't get in standard mode where you lose the base and you lose the game. The 5 of them all got sunk while only getting 2 though so =
crackmeup2.gif
. It ended up with me alone at the end, again, against a full health FIJI and a 1/3 health CLEVELAND fighting right in our base. I took them out for the win but man those are 2 fast firing, very fast and maneuverable, ships to have to fight against with 28 second reloads and when you are a big slow BB.
lol.gif
. The CLEVELAND was roasting me while the FIJI was chipping away with the AP and sending torps everywhere.
lol.gif
it was a good win.

This game was with NEW MEXICO and was one of those where a couple of you go to a cap( left to D in this game )and you deal with that cap only to look up and see everyone else is dead and you are down 5 to 3, your CV is dead while the enemy one is alive with a full plane loadout, the enemy has 3 caps, and is 300 points ahead. We managed to get some caps back and even up points as time was running down before I charged the last enemy ship( Yorck )that was trying to take our cap. I citadeled it 2 times through the bow to take it out. I was planning on Ramming if I had to but made a good shot. It was a crazy game!
crazy2.gif

Time for a fleet update...
05.gif

Despite not doing well health wise I said screw it and purchased some premium membership time as WOWS is about the only thing I do for fun anymore. So with the new premium time comes better payout.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Finished the grind from the USN T6 BB NEW MEXICO to the USN T7 BB COLORADO earlier today. I was almost there anyway but with better payout from a premium account it went much faster. COLORADO is now in port and fully upgraded. The credit reserves took a big hit though. All that time without a premium account really cost me on the credit front. Probably about $4 Million worth easy.

Haven't played the ship yet as I am still trying to decide if I will go for a main gun range build( APRM1 )or a secondary gun build( SBM2 )? I still have not assigned my 2nd upgrade slot as I am looking into which would be a better choice. Before I play the ship I need to decide and purchase and mount the upgrade.

To help finance the COLORADO purchase and upgrades I sold the Premium IJN T3 CL KATORI. I know it is a premium ship and all but I won it so I am not losing real money and I needed the funds plus I just didn't play it a lot as there are so many other ships I like to play more. I have plenty of elite ships to earn XP I can turn into Free XP so I really didn't need to keep the KATORI so sold it. This was the last game in it.

Below was the last game in the NEW MEXICO before unlocking the COLORADO. Today has been tough MM wise in WOWS with mostly BB dominant games( 4-7 of them )PLUS a lot of guys are out in their T8 BB's in Co-op for some reason. Just a tough day for the old T6 NEW MEXICO. This last match just epitomizes how rough MM has been today + the huge # of BB's around. It was as follows...

T7 CV HIRYU
T8 BB ALABAMA
T8 BB ALABAMA
T8 BB TIRPITZ
T7 BB COLORADO
T7 BB COLORADO
T6 BB NEW MEXICO
T6 CA GRAF SPEE

I mean good god even the Cruiser was really a BB. LOL. Map was North which I don't see a lot of. I went with our TIRPITZ left to the D cap while everyone else went off to the right. I don't like seeing anyone left alone, even a BB, so I decided to be a good guy and back him up. Wish now I hadn't. Guy was a JERK and not a team player. All I will say on that as I don't want to blame others for my dying in a game but he sure didn't help.
lol.gif

I ended up fighting an ALABAMA and a COLORADO all alone, while trying to deny the D cap to them, after being left behind by the much faster TIRPITZ. Our CV tried to help me out and got some torps into the COLORADO but it was still 1/2 health. I did a good job knocking the ALABAMA's health pool down but soon realized I was running out of time before the 2 BB's took me out so I turned and rammed the COLORADO to at least try and help the team. We won but barely so in the end I did my part. Anyway here is the last game in NEW MEXICO( before getting COLORADO - am keeping it as I have the premium camo for it )...

Also, before going on to the COLORADO pictures and stats. Had one other game worth mentioning today. It was a crazy one. Was in my KM T5 CL KONIGSBERG. Game started off innocently enough but as I moved forward providing AA cover for a BB I got caught broadside while fighting off planes by an enemy BB who absolutely spanked me. I went from full health all the way down to 59 HP. That isn't a typo, just 59 HP. I got hit with multiple citadels for 24241 in damage in one salvo. I was sure I was done but somehow I survived the game and took out 2 ships including a BB and hurt another BB and the CV. I was stunned! Just a miracle I lived beyond that paddling. This game here...

So, with no further rambling on to the new ship...

Ship: COLORADO
Nation: United States Navy (USN)
Tier: 7
Ship Type: Battleship(BB)
Survivability(HP): 50,100 HP
Armor: 13-343MM / 39% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 21 knots
Rudder Shift: 12.9 seconds
Turning Radius: 640m

Main Armament: 4X2 406MM ( 2 turrets front/2 rear )
Main Gun Range: 18.8km ( 21.8km if I go with APRM1 upgrade in slot 2 )
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.0 shots per min ROF / 30 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 248m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 12,400 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5700 damage

Secondary Guns:
127MM(25 Mk19 Mod 6) = 8X1 ( dual purpose )
127MM(51 Mk7) = 8X1

Secondary Gun Range: 5km ( will go to 6km if I go with SBM2 in upgrade slot 2 )

Secondary Gun Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL):
127MM(25 Mk19 Mod 6) = 13.3 shots per min ROF / 4.5 seconds RL ( dual purpose )
127MM(51 Mk7) = 8.6 shots per min ROF / 7 seconds RL

Secondary Gun Shell Type:
127MM = High Explosive(HE) ( all )

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA): ( Assorted caliber and types )
20MM = 37X1
40MM = 3X2
40MM = 8X4

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1
Slot 2 = Not filled yet ( will be either Artillery Plotting Room Mod 1 or Secondary Battery Mod 2 )
Slot 3 = Damage Control System Modification 1
Slot 4 = Steering Gears Modification 2

Here it is in port...

Need to make an update/changes to the info above. I have finally finished setting the COLORADO up and have also given it a new Capt. So going to update/finish things...

Originally as I talked about above I was considering a main gun range/accuracy upgrade(APRM1) or a secondary gun range upgrade(SBM2) for the ship's 2nd upgrade slot. I posted on some WOWS forums and asked other COLORADO players which they thought was a better option. The overwhelming answer was neither. It was to go with an Anti-Aircraft(AA) build using AA Guns Mod 2(AAGM2) in upgrade slot 2 instead. I had read how starting at T8 the USN BB NORTH CAROLINA and the subsequent T9 and T10 USN BB's were AA monsters but had not really read that about the COLORADO so I never considered it. Also, I don't see a lot of CV's as a rule. But, they were so adamant that it makes the ship a plane wrecker that I decided to at least give it a try.

So, AAGM2 was purchased and added to upgrade slot 2 to finish up rounding out the modules and upgrades on COLORADO. This is the 1st time I have done an AA build on a BB however. I usually go for range/accuracy for main guns or secondary builds. So, this means I need a different approach with the ship's Capt. skills. I didn't want to play a T7 ship with a new Capt. That just puts you at such a huge disadvantage. So, I looked at what was available for me with my USN Capt.'s in other ships and in my reserves to find one for COLORADO.

I decided to keep the 12pt Capt. on my NEW MEXICO as he is setup how I want for the ship and I am going to keep it long term. My WYOMING( 9pts - almost to 10 )and NEW YORK( 10pts )Capt.'s are also setup the way I want and I also plan to keep them long term too. So, taking one of those Capt.'s just didn't make sense plus WYOMING and NEW YORK were both a point short of the minimum I needed anyway. In the end, I transferred the 10pt Capt. from my CLEVELAND which I then advanced to 11pt's using the free Elite Commander XP I had from a recent event WOWS offered. I then took a 6pt Capt. from my reserves and assigned it to CLEVELAND. Man, there are a LOT of steps, and things to deal with, involved with playing this game.
lol.gif

So once I got the Capt.'s all reassigned I had to redistribute the skills to suit the needs of the ship. I set the COLORADO Capt. up differently than I usually do because I went for the AA build. I hope it was the right decision because it costs REAL money to redistribute skills and retrain Capt.'s in this game. You have to use doubloons which you have to buy from WarGaming's online store. This is a real money gamble not a game resources gamble.

When spec'ing my Capt. for the COLORADO I had to forgo some skills I generally take for BB's in favor of other skills that enhance the ships AA capabilities. With only 11pts I was limited in my options. I will just have to grind more points to get those other skills I like on my BB's. It takes FOREVER and a day though once you get to 10pts to gain more so I am stuck with this Capt. build for a quite a while. So my COLORADO Capt. now has these skills...

Priority Target(PT) - 1pt ( let's you know when you are targeted and by how many ships )
Incoming Fire Alert(IFA) - 1pt ( let's you know when a ship targeting you fires )
Jack Of All Trades(JOT) - 2pt ( reduces reload time of damage control/repair party by 5% )
Basic Fire Training(BFT) - 3 pt ( 10% reduction secondary reload/20% increase AA damage p/ sec )
Advanced Fire Training(AFT) - 4pt ( 20% increase in range of secondary guns/AA )
Total = 11 points

We will see if these guys were right or not?

Now, with the new direction to an AA build for the COLORADO it makes the following changes to the ship info I listed above( will repost the info and add the CHANGES where applicable...

Ship: COLORADO
Nation: United States Navy (USN)
Tier: 7
Ship Type: Battleship(BB)
Survivability(HP): 50,100 HP
Armor: 13-343MM / 39% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 21 knots
Rudder Shift: 12.9 seconds
Turning Radius: 640m

Main Armament: 4X2 406MM ( 2 turrets front/2 rear )
Main Gun Range: 18.8km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.0 shots per min ROF / 30 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 248m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 12,400 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5700 damage

Secondary Guns:
127MM(51 Mk7) = 8X1

Secondary Gun Range: 5km ( AFT makes it 6km )

127MM(25 Mk19 Mod 6) = 13.3 shots per min ROF / 4.5 seconds RL ( dual purpose ) ( lowered to 4 second reload w/ BFT )
127MM(51 Mk7) = 8.6 shots per min ROF / 7 seconds RL ( lowered to 6.3 second reload w/ BFT )

127MM = High Explosive(HE) ( all )

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA): ( Assorted caliber and types ) ( BFT/AFT add 20% to range and damage p/ second of AA )
20MM = 37X1
40MM = 3X2
40MM = 8X4

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1
Slot 2 = AA Guns Modification 2
Slot 3 = Damage Control System Modification 1
Slot 4 = Steering Gears Modification 2

Last edited:
Also wanted to post some screenshots showing the new premium camo I got for some of my ships. Some I got a while ago and just never posted it and some I just got today. Costs real money to get these camo's so I only do it on T6+ ships I am going to keep where it helps earn resources faster as well as helps your game play. Was hoping there was a premium camo offered for the COLORADO but sadly there isn't. I am still debating getting the one for GNEISENAU. It would help me get to BISMARCK faster but I don't plan to keep it so I don't want to spend the money. Most likely I won't get it.

Ship: IJN T6 BB FUSO
Port: ZIPANGU
Benefits: -3% Detectability Range / +4% Enemy Gun Dispersion / +30% XP Earned

Ship: IJN T7 BB NAGATO
Port: DRAGON
Benefits: -3% Detectability Range / +4% Enemy Gun Dispersion / +50% XP Earned / -5% Service Fee

Ship: USN T6 BB NEW MEXICO
Port: New York

Ship: KM T6 BB BAYERN
Port: BLACK SEA

LOL I know another post already.
lol.gif

Just played 1st match in the COLORADO. Not bad. Think I am glad I didn't go for the range increase on main guns because even at 18.8km they aren't super accurate out there at that limit. In closer they are fine. When you hit they do good damage. There wasn't a CV so no idea yet on the AA. Wish it had a little more HP though. Having less than the NEW MEXICO had at T6 seems really odd to me.

1st game( Co-op naturally )was in freaking Epicenter. Oh lord how I hate Epicenter. That game mode flat out sucks. Had a game where the smaller friendly and enemy ships mostly took each other out( I dev struck an Omaha early on )leaving it to the BB's right at the end. Three BB's on each team.

Unfortunately, our team's BAYERN was AFK and the other BB, another COLORADO, decided he was going to joy ride around the edge of the map and hide behind islands, only poking his nose out to kill steal, while the rest of us actually fought. NO reason at all for him to avoid pushing up with me as we were the top tier ships in the game. I ended up having to charge the center at the end with our DD as all 3 enemy BB's went in and we were behind on points. Our Colorado just sat behind an island while I was in the middle with the DD fighting. I hurt 2 of them really good and got some on the 3rd while the DD cleaned up 2 of them with torps before dying. Unfortunately I got taken out by their BAYERN right before my guns were reloaded or I could have got it, ended the game, and lived. I was so mad.
crackmeup2.gif

After that the enemy BAYERN went off after our AFK BAYERN and only THEN did our other COLORADO come out from behind the island and go into the middle. Makes me so mad that he came in 2nd and got so much because he let us all do the work and he just leeched off us. He wouldn't close and finish the enemy BAYERN either even though he was literally untouched at that point and it only had about 5k HP left after I had pelted it good. Instead he just sat in the middle not moving, occasionally taking horrifically bad shots at the enemy BAYERN, while typing in the craziest and weirdest things in chat. He was either from another country or drunk/stoned? He got hammered by the enemy BAYERN 3 times for massive damage and still wouldn't move? He could have lost the game the way eh was playing needlessly.

The AFK Bayern actually did more to the enemy BAYERN than he did as it's secondary's set it on fire when it closed in to sink it. Our COLORADO finally shot at it and actually hit it( he was an awful shot - again drunk/stoned? )to end the game. What a start to the ship. I know I sound like a grumpy old man lately. For some reason I am really annoyed by how some people are playing lately. I have turned into my old neighbor from my youth = "GET OFF THE GRASS!"
lol.gif

The COLORADO is slow and lumbering like all USN BB's but finally the reload is down( 30 seconds vs 34+ )which is nice. Only 8 guns but when they hit they seem to do good damage. Think I will like it. Curious to see how it does against planes and a CV?

One more quick update on COLORADO...

1) - I am not impressed so far with the AA build on Colorado. I have everything you could ask for to take advantage of the supposed awesome AA but it has been kind of meh so far IMO. I have seen a CV 3 times now and the enemy planes are getting through at what seems to me to be the same rate as they do on my other BB's? Best I have done so far with it is 14 planes shot down from a T8 LEXINGTON. Have shot down more with Konig that doesn't have an AA build( granted CV planes not as good ). I will give it some time but I am already questioning the AA build after a handful of games.

2) - Man is this thing squishy( WOWS slang for weak armor ). Seems worse than the Nagato armor wise so far. Have played 6 games in it to this point, with 5 wins, but I have died 4 times. I mean I have played 81 games so far in the T6 USN BB NEW MEXICO and have only died 9 times in it yet in only 6 games I have died 4 times already in COLORADO. Pretty much vs the same enemy ship pool as well because I am constantly being uptiered by the MM in NEW MEXICO and usually find myself bottom tier vs T7/T8. Thus I see the same ships in it I have seen so far in COLORADO yet the lower tier weaker ship has done better. That doesn't bode well.
lol.gif

Some of that is being forced to charge in and be too aggressive, fighting multiple ships at once and you can't angle to all of them due to game circumstances, being forced to turn broadside to enemy BB's due to torpedo planes targeting me( again not impressed with AA so far )thus getting SPANKED mid turn, etc... so early on here I have just had some hard luck games( that should improve as time goes on ). However, a lot of it is simply because the armor is pretty weak for a T7 and that it has a really low health pool(HP) to draw on for a T7 as well. I have also been seeing a lot of T8 BB's( for some reason a LOT of T8 USN NORTH CAROLINA's and they just tear the COLORADO up! )and they are really tough to face even though this is a T7.

I still like it and am getting used to the guns. Turns out they are actually pretty accurate even way out there. More a case of slow shells I was not compensating for enough. As I get used to the travel time and such to adjust my lead I am doing better and better. I think I will like the ship but have a feeling I may die more in it than I have any ship I can recall. Just seems very easy to kill even when you try and angle. Just takes massive damage easily. And, while I am used to slow USN BB's by this point it seems to really handicap the Colorado plus of all the USN BB's to this point it seems to have the slowest acceleration and sluggish maneuverability despite a serviceable rudder shift and good turning radius. Just seems like I am constantly mired down in quicksand for some reason?

Anyway, overall I like it so far. Just have to get used to it I guess.

Update 0.6.4 is due to hit NA servers sometime tomorrow( 19th )so that means French Navy. Should have some French Cruiser's to post screen shots of real soon. Also, the HMS Hood is finally designed and heading to the testers so before too much longer it will be in game as a Premium T7 BB. CAN'T WAIT! I will buy the Hood when it comes out. It is THE ship I was hoping to play when I 1st started WOWS and was very disappointed to see no British BB's( other than T6 Premium Warsprite )in the game. Did I say I CAN'T WAIT!
39.gif
lol.gif

The French are here...
lol.gif

The French Navy Cruisers hit the NA server this morning. I have played up to T3 and figured I would show some of them to you. Good lord I have forgot what a free for all T1 and T2 games are. WOW! Even with more experienced players like me down there to work up through the tiers vs. mostly newbies learning to play it is still insane.
crazy2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

T1 & T2 are nothing to write home about but then again none of the ships in the game from those tiers are. They are just training vessels really. I am only going to post 1 screenshot of each T1/T2 ship vs the full 360 view with 6 pictures, and I am not going to post ship spec's, like I usually do. Again, nothing special. I will post 1st game battle results for each.

FRN T1 CL BOUGAINVILLE:
I wasn't really impressed with the T1 BOUGAINVILLE to be honest. Not that I expected much from a T1 ship but I liked the other T1 CL's better( at least what I remember anyway ). Still it was okay. Only took 2 games to move up to the T2 ship. This ship has been sold.

FRN T2 CL JURIEN DE LA GRAVIERE:
As far as a T2 CL goes this ship was actually not bad. Decent speed and I like the guns. The AP seems to hit pretty hard for it's tier. Maneuvers well and turrets swing quick. Kind of liked it. Took just 10 games to move up to T3( I lost tack of my XP and played an extra unnecessary game in it ). This ship has been sold.

Now we come to a ship I was actually looking forward to; the T3 FRIANT. In the review videos and press release info it looked like a little French version at T3 of the British T6 Leander. Normally you have to wait for T5 or T6 to get multi gun turrets but the FRIANT gets it at T3 and they are really good( although long reload @ 12 seconds ). Has 6km torps too like the T3 BRN CALEDON which is one of my favorite ships in the game. With a 30 knot top speed it is fast which is really nice in a fragile ship. And despite having rice paper for armor( a weakness of the entire FRN CL line )I actually found the FRIANT( and T2 JURIEN as well )to be surprisingly tough. Haven't played against any of them yet in my BB's, nor have I taken a BB hit yet in the FRIANT, so time will tell if it is as bad as reported. On paper it sure is weak but we will see. Overall I really like this one.

So here are the ship stats, pictures, and 1st battle results. As I progress up the line I will add more of the new FRN CL's. Only playing a little today so doubt I will make T4 but figured I could start with T1-T3. Kind of nice to take a little break from BB's...

Note - stats below are for fully upgraded ship not stock.

Ship: FRIANT
Nation: French Navy(FRN)
Tier: 3
Ship Type: Light Cruiser(CL)
Survivability(HP): 20,300 HP
Armor: 6-23MM ( yup that is all )
Maximum Speed: 30 knots
Rudder Shift: 6 seconds
Turning Radius: 560m
Detection Range(Sea): 11.3km
Detection Range(Air): 5.6km

Main Armament: 4X2 139MM ( 2 turrets front/2 rear )
Main Gun Range: 12.9km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 5 shots per min ROF / 12 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 122m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 2700 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 2000 damage

Secondary Guns:
90MM = 4X1 ( dual purpose )

Secondary Gun Range: 3km

90MM = 15 shots per min ROF / 4 seconds RL ( dual purpose )

90MM = High Explosive(HE) ( dual purpose )

Torpedoes: 4X3 550MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 84 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 6km
Torpedo Speed: 57 knots
Torpedo Max Damage( p/ torp ): 12,233
Torpedo Detection Range: 1.2km

13.2MM = 2X1
90MM = 4X1 ( dual purpose )

Mounted Modules:
Upgrade Slot 1: Main Armaments Modification 1
Upgrade Slot 2: Damage Control System Modification 1

Here is the 1st game and port shots...

Bonne chance, justes mers et adieu pour l’instant.
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Ended up playing a little more than I thought I would and got to the T4 French CL. Man is this one a beast at T4. Big guns, fast, torps, a fighter, and hydro. I guess WG felt the need to make up for the weak armor although I don't find it bad( similar to BRN CL's ). I didn't keep the T3 and I won't keep this one when I reach T5, but it will be fun to play on the way.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Before going to the T4 stats and pictures this was my best game of the 22 I played in the T3 FRIANT. Most were in the 30-50K damage range. TONS of people playing the French CL's today so most games were a combo of T2/T3 and you just can't do a lot of damage in those games.

So, on to the new ship we go. I will post the 1st game results like I always do even though they are pathetic. I was the 1st T4 anyone had seen( I saw a T6 once when I took my other ships out for their daily bonus )and I was being bombarded with questions and was very distracted. Didn't play well and almost died. I can tell the ship will be fun however even with just one game played...

Note - as is usual for me the stats below are for a fully upgraded ship. I hate playing stock ships.

Ship: DUGUAY-TROUIN ( we are calling it the DUGY
lol.gif
)
Nation: French Navy(FRN)
Tier: 4
Ship Type: Light Cruiser(CL)
Survivability(HP): 26,700 HP
Armor: 10-29MM
Torpedo Protection/Damage Reduction: 7%

Maximum Speed: 33 knots
Rudder Shift: 7.8 seconds
Turning Radius: 670m
Detection Range(Sea): 13.3km
Detection Range(Air): 7km

Main Armament: 4X2 155MM ( 2 turrets front/2 rear )
180 Turret Traverse: 22.5 sec
Main Gun Range: 15km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 5 shots per min ROF / 12 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 137m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 3300 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 2200 damage

Secondary Guns:
None

Torpedoes: 4X3 550MM
Torpedo Reload(RL): 84 seconds RL
Torpedo Range: 6km
Torpedo Speed: 57 knots
Torpedo Max Damage( p/ torp ): 12,233
Torpedo Detection Range: 1.2km

13.2MM = 6X2
75MM = 4X1

Mounted Modules:
Upgrade Slot 1: Main Armaments Modification 1
Upgrade Slot 2: Damage Control System Modification 1

Here is the 1st game and port shots. Hope to get to the T5 tomorrow or the next day...

Back