Premium Guard oil filters

I was thinking of ordering a Premium Guard extended life oil filter off Amazon, I seen something on them on Whip City. What do you all know about them?
Thank you..

They are well built filters.

There are numerous threads posted with pictures after use. They might be the best of the value filters, with the primary drawback of being made in China.

Might look into the MicroGard Select [Extended Life] at O'Reilly Auto if you have one close by. Might be the same filter made under a different name.

There's nothing inherently wrong with them.

Autozone STP could be those filters reboxed (and also overpriced) :unsure:

If you're buying other parts as well, check out Rock Auto and see if the PG ships from the same warehouse as your other stuff.

There's nothing wrong with them just overpriced.. am I correct, in assuming that? But if you're paying $9 and about the same price for one of them aren't you better off with one of them if there are better filter? Accept the fact that they are made in China or Vietnam and if there is ever a problem you would probably be in trouble.. trying to claim it.

The AutoZone STP XL (Extended Life) filters have looked well built per the C&Ps posted here. Their efficiency isn't bad either. Think they are ~$10.

Here's a recent C&P ... does have an eCore center tube, but looks designed right. I don't think it would be anything to be concerned about. Seems some filters are going with the eCore nylon cage with metal end caps, which is a decent design IMO.

Back