Preferred 5.3L L83 Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closest to all that might be Royal Purple ... but not cheap ...
I have read where the RP 20-500 has a base end bypass of 20 psi and I previously posted a cut away picture (you can just google and hit images) ...
There is one in my stash and once I have run that filter - will certainly cut that one open and post ...

Originally Posted by 4WD
For a year … RP is a tank … and a good synthetic filter

^^^^^^

4wd is right on here...

Thanks guys. Just ordered some RP 20-500's from Jegs.com 11.99 each. free ship when you spend 99.

Thanks again!

Been running XG10575 for 2 OCI's (15,000 miles) on 2016 Yukon, no issues. I bought 6 of them for under $25 shipped. I really wouldnt worry about the bypass being low.

My 6.0 LQ9 had an annoying startup rattle and everybody told me it was piston slap. Nope, it was the XG. Because when I switched to a TG it went away. So if you get that on your 5.3 stop using the XG

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
My 6.0 LQ9 had an annoying startup rattle and everybody told me it was piston slap. Nope, it was the XG. Because when I switched to a TG it went away. So if you get that on your 5.3 stop using the XG

The two filters appear the same except the Ultra has a full synthetic cartridge with steel ends.

Scored a case of 12 pro-tec (WIX) filters through my O'reilly's connection for $18

Going in my stash of filters since i'm adding another GMT-800 SUV and pickup next year to my fleet
smile.gif

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back