Pre-ordered the Samsung S20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sprint's deal was just too good to pass up: $0 a month on an 18 month lease, $200 prepaid MC by mail, and $100 Samsung e-credit for use at their online store. This deal was only available to new sub's and new lines, however I only have one line and don't intend to use the second. Therefore, here's the plan:

Activate the S20 and it's new number
Port my current, long time number to Google Voice
Set GV to forward all calls from my current (soon to be GV) number to the yet-to-be assigned new "line". I own my phone outright, so all it will do it drop off my Sprint account, leaving just the new line with everything else in place. I really like the current plan I have, and didn't want to lose it.

After 45 days, my current number will be considered a "new number" in Sprint's system, and I can simply port it back in from GV. Wham bam, upgraded phone and I'm getting paid to have it. I'll save my current Essential PH-1, in case I need it later.

After the Sprint/TMO merger is complete, I should be able to enjoy a great 5G experience for about the cheapest price possible.

Anyone with Sprint, this deal runs until tomorrow as far as I know, possibly a little longer.

That's an awesome deal!

It's too bad my entire family is drinking the Apple Kool-aid. Otherwise, I might consider something like this.

Dream: Sprint actually gives me cell service even close to VZW. I gave up VZW because of their crooked ways (and didn't mind baking ~$30/month in the process). Unfortunately, that means I have ZERO bars in many more locations than before. The "unlimited" data almost makes up for it, but not quite...

We'll see what happens when that T-Mobil 1 merger goes through...

That's a killer deal!

Love the 120hz screen, but Samsung has said it will only support 2 years of android updates, 11 and 12. For a $999 MSRP phone that's a huge no go to me... however, I'd consider it if I got paid to have it like you did and didn't love iMessage or Apple Pay.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
That's a killer deal!

Love the 120hz screen, but Samsung has said it will only support 2 years of android updates, 11 and 12. For a $999 MSRP phone that's a huge no go to me... however, I'd consider it if I got paid to have it like you did and didn't love iMessage or Apple Pay.

There's always some deal eventually on Samsung or basically any Android phone, but not so much for Apple. Usually there's a good deal around Black Friday. Even Xfinity Mobile has $300 off a Samsung phone. You never see that on a newly introduced Apple iPhone. As for the two years, well that's about how long they last and the phone will probably be good for 3+ years even with an OS that hasn't been updated lately. Look at all those still running Windows 7. I'm still using an old ipod touch 4 with an OS that hasn't been updated in 7 years, but I just use it for Spotify and it still works.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
That's a killer deal!

I did read about only supporting 2 years of updates, but that's fine. At the end of 18 months I'll just turn the phone back in, no cost. Future updates are someone else's problem.

[Linked Image]

It's here! Sprint overnighted it, UPS dropped it off bright and early yesterday. I haven't spent a ton of time playing with it yet, mostly just updating and getting the settings changed and bloatware removed.

A few initial impressions: the screen is GORGEOUS. Even at 1080p resolution, it's amazing. The 120hz mode makes the phone feel like it's on speed.

It's very fast. 12gb of RAM really makes the thing fly.

The new Samsung UI isn't bad at all, much better than the ones I've played with in the past few years.

I love how the phone feels in hand. This is my first phone with the now-popular 20:9 aspect ratio, which pretty much allowed me to use the phone one-handed. The glass back and aluminum case feel well built and very well put together. Getting used to the ever so slight curve off the sides of the screen will take some getting used to, however.

I won't be daily driving the phone for a week or so, I've been nervous even having it in my hand without a case, which Amazon should be delivering today. Once I get all my apps loaded and logged in I'll move my number over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back