PQIA's synthetic find part two

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that they tested Schaeffer Oil just to make us happy!! Thanks Tom!
11.gif

But, yea, any idea on the Antimony??

Originally Posted By: bourne
HOLY MOLY AND SODIUM in Schaeffers !

*Side Note* whats Antimony used for ?? Schaeffer's has 69 ppm of it.

I found this discussed on this site, I'm reffering to Antimony and it's not a contaminate in Schaeffer's oil.

Search This: Antimony Additives
By MolaKule
Or google it and it should lead you right to the post in BITOG.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
LMAO, look at the NOACK on the LUCAS!! 14.9%, holy poo!!!!

Squeaked by the 15% max by the skin of its teeth. What would cause such a high NOAK? Poor base stocks?

Thanks for posting. Someone in another thread mentioned Na, being used as a detergent, is found in "budget" oils. Hmm Schaeffer's is now using Na apparently. I think it's part of a LZ additive pkg if i had to guess.

I believe it was Lucas who had some bad results published a few years back. What a garbage product line.

Originally Posted By: buster

I believe it was Lucas who had some bad results published a few years back. What a garbage product line.

Yup, I think their oil additive caused bad foaming or something.

I cant believe how many people buy into that Lucas line of junk,Do they sell even one decent product?

Originally Posted By: buster

This reinforces that, LOL!! Wow, what garbage! And isn't it MORE expensive than PU, which has literally HALF the NOACK?

Originally Posted By: volk06
Another strong showing for the Kendall. Has a good shot of everything.

Both full syn and blend....very nice!

Thanks for the post of PQIA's prt.2--The only 2 oils available up here by me are the Kendall and the Lucas oils and I don't think I would give the Lucas oil a shot but the Kendall offering looks worth a try maybe sometime--but for now I'll stick with QSUD.

Sodium Detergents are highly reactive and work well to neutralize acids, but they also act faster than calcium and magnesium to fight moisture buildup. If the oil can counteract water before it combines with combustion byproducts to form acids, then you will get better TBN retention. Sodium is also highly polar and helps the oil adhere to ferrous components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back