PQIA Issues An Alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MolaKule

Amazon needs to be notified that the seller needs to found and forced to desist from selling a product that could damage engines.

Good idea... I'm gonna go see if I can drop Amazon a line

Originally Posted by JustN89
I don't see the problem here. Engine smoke will decrease, wear will decrease, and emissions will also decrease after the engine seizes. It never specified that it would accomplish the task beforehand. /s

...‚

Last edited:
RE: Missing viscosity grade

Last time I torched a few oils (from dino to some fancy syn), for my burn & residue test, they all smoked ...
since this oil is "smokeless", i conclude that it must be water
shocked2.gif

Therefore, viscosity grade must be x20 ... Problem solved!
grin2.gif

As mentioned, I suspect if Amazon is notified of the PQIA alert they will cease sales of the product. Note I don't call it oil. I've seen them do it for an oil filter exposed for being garbage on the OF sub forum.

Sadly with these PQIA alerts, it's unsuspecting unsophisticated buyers that have no knowledge about oil or the alerts that are victims. Only way it helps them is if oil is removed from sale.

Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
This oil is certainly special. I've never seen a product create a bitog consensus on TWO counts:

1) PQIA alert
2) It's thick with an ultra high VI

If the HTHS is above 3.7, some BITOGers would swear it is perfect for high boost turbos and racing.
;^)

Originally Posted by Donald
Where is it sold? Dollar Store?

With so many name brand oils at Walmart why choose some oddball you never heard of.

The struggle is real.....€

All the more reason to stick with lubes made by one of the majors. Chevron, Shell, XOM, Castrol, ConocoPhillips, Warren and the smaller, well established boutique brands and blenders aren't gonna put out this crap.

Last edited:
They have made smokeless oil for years. If course it does not meet specifications. If it did it would smoke.

It does work, been used by buy here pay here car lots for years. The engine you use it in, is on its last leg, so not likely to do further damage.

another trick is 2 oz of brake fluid in the oil, stops lots of leaks

Rod

Originally Posted by Donald
Where is it sold? Dollar Store?

With so many name brand oils at Walmart why choose some oddball you never heard of.

No, see Post #5292821 above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back