PQIA consumer alert for Q motor oil "10•30 10•40"

Thankfully nobody here would use "Q" oil.

Given that decent name brand conventional oils are so cheap it's amazing to me anyone would buy such an off brand sketchy product.

Last edited:
As long as your diesel is moderate, you're fine...

Screenshot_20210213-042748_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reminds me of the class action lawsuit against Amalie, which Amalie lost.

Reminds me of the class action lawsuit against Amalie, which Amalie lost.
Can you provide any extra info on this since CarQuest Motor Oils(AAP) are from AMALE?
Although AAP is getting rid of their CQ line of oils and replacing them with FRAM Oils, this may cause some of us much concern.

JANUARY 19, 2020 — An XCEL motor oil class action lawsuit settlement has been reached after consumers accused the Amalie Oil Company of selling obsolete motor oil not fit for vehicle engines built after 1930.

The XCEL motor oil class action includes consumers in the U.S. who purchased, for personal use (not for resale), these Premium engine oils between December 1, 2014, and October 11, 2019

Still being sold at various gas stations around here. Shame.

I didn't know it was an Amalie owned company.

Screenshot_20210213-115303_Chrome.jpg

After reading this settlement, I bet thousands will still use it.

Last edited:
Fram is not making motor oil for Advance Auto Parts or anyone else. Fram is not a petroleum company. They are just a brand name that AAP has licensed from the windshield wiper company that owns Fram. Instead of a Carquest label on Amalie oil there will be a Fram label on AAP house brand oil. Possibly with Amalie oil still poured into the new bottles, either now or in the future.

JANUARY 19, 2020 — An XCEL motor oil class action lawsuit settlement has been reached after consumers accused the Amalie Oil Company of selling obsolete motor oil not fit for vehicle engines built after 1930.

The XCEL motor oil class action includes consumers in the U.S. who purchased, for personal use (not for resale), these Premium engine oils between December 1, 2014, and October 11, 2019
So, should this to cause us to think that AMALIE is not to be trusted?
I mean, we know & trust WPP/WNE who blends many(but not all) SuperTech, ProLine, PEAK, MAG1 and others but, I don't hear AMALIE oils being talked about in the same regard as those others. Am I wrong?

Back