PP @ Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil 1, Mobil 5000, Pennzoil Yellow bottle, Rotella and Castrol GTX/Syntec all have ample stock at my Wal Mart. Valvoline, Motorcraft, Royal Purple, Quaker State are all there but much smaller inventory.

I don't know for sure, but some stores may have just been out of stock on PP. It's hard to read those price labels if something is not on a shelf, and when that happens (out of stock) sometimes other stock gets moved into its place (by customers or by bad stockers), and one does not notice that there really is a place for PP on the shelf.

The QS has already been discussed, they are closing out the current stock before the new packaging comes in.

Some Walmart's are bigger than others, and the older ones cannot stock everything.

Regardless of where Valvoline is no made, Ashland has deep roots in Kentucky. Regional brand preferences are factored into the ordering system.

Pricing is not done by store managers, since the prices are in the computers. People complain that Walmart pays low wages, well the reason is that they don't have hire a lot of highly-skilled people since almost every thing is determined at HQ or by computer. That doesn't mean everything is the same for all stores, just that they can control it at a higher level.

The ones around me always have the bin tag, but never the jugs themselves for 5w20. I think they do it just to [censored] me off
crazy2.gif
! Usually some stock monkey has shoved drain pans into the empty space.

Originally Posted By: calvin1
The ones around me always have the bin tag, but never the jugs themselves for 5w20. I think they do it just to [censored] me off
crazy2.gif
! Usually some stock monkey has shoved drain pans into the empty space.

I assume they stock late at night. Early bird gets the worm.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
It is a communist plot I tell ya.

It is an Ashland plot. First they went after Mobil 1, now Pennzoil/QS is next.

Just checked Walmart for some PP 5W30. They were out except for 2 quarts. I asked a worker there who checked in the back for me. He said "I haven't gotten any of that Penzoil for a month"

hmmmmm

They had plenty of the yellow bottles though

Stock still very low in my area.

I quess lots of forum readers raided their shelves :)

In fact, except for the real cheap stuff and Mobil 1, the 5W30 synthetics are all pretty scarce.

Never had a problem finding 5w30 PP at WM. (US or CAN)
5w20 is the tough one to find sometimes...

Originally Posted By: mozart
Stock still very low in my area.

I quess lots of forum readers raided their shelves :)

In fact, except for the real cheap stuff and Mobil 1, the 5W30 synthetics are all pretty scarce.

You have to balance shelf space with stock levels to determine how much stuff is actually selling.

Some oils with large amounts of shelf space may appear to always have oil in stock, but Walmart sells a lot of Mobil 1 or else they would not have that much shelf space for it. A brand with very limited shelf space could get wiped out by just a few customers.

At Walmart store in my area (I have 3 Supercenters within 5 miles of where I live) the M1 5-quart jugs move very quickly on weekends and are sometimes hard to find. Castrol seems to move fast also (conventional oils more than Edge or Syntec).

Generally stock is ordered automatically from the distribution center based on sales recorded at the register. Occasionally, a manual inventory count is required when stock gets depleted by theft, damage, etc (which means the computer does not know to order new stock since existing stock was not sold at the register).

In the case of some Castrol and Mobil products, the packaging is specific to Walmart, as you can see the Walmart used oil recycle information right on the label (usually 5-quart jugs). Both Mobil and Castrol has lots of shelf space at Walmart's I have been to.

Late night shipment in. Lots of 5W20 jugs but no 5W30 at all

sigh

this darned site is making me addicted to oil

bought all six bottles of 5W30 on the shelf

5W20 is everywhere... 5W30 is hard to come by for some reason

My Wal-Mart has the PP 5W30 by the quart only. I am switching to PP in my Neon, and went with the 5W20. It was the recommended fill in 2005, while 2000-2004 was 5W30. Either way, not too worried about it. All I know is it will be nice not having to change the oil every 4-6 weeks due to the amount of miles I rack up!

No worries your Neon will be fine running the 5W20 PP. Enjoy spending less time under it!

I went today and Im happy to see PYB, PP, and Valvoline have more space than anyone else. I live in the sticks and it was hard to find 5w20 Pen products. Not any more. My store has really decreased Castrol and Mobil space. Castrol is almost down to their convential 5w30-10w40 and Mobil was about the same. Quakerstate and Penn was taking up the majority of space including all the end caps of the isles. Valvoline was the next biggest player. 5w20 Penn and Valvoline products were all over the place and on roll back pricing. I bought about 20 quarts of oil between Penn and Quakerstate. Im hoping this is the new norm for this store.

PP $20 5quart jug. YB $12 five quart jug.Plenty of Valvoline/Mobil1 (they finally are carrying 0-40 Mobil1!!!)
Castrol Edge still in the clearance table with no takers @$30 for a 5 quart jug. The guy that works the oil/auto aisles told me he doesn't think he has seen one person buy it at any price yet. He went on to say they will not reorder it.He also said Royal Purple has slowed to a trickle @8.79 per quart and they probably would lose it along with Castrol Edge as neither sells.

Royal Purple should slow to a trickle at that price. I can get Motul or Redline at that price.Edge was only available in 5 quart jugs at 34.00 dollars. Im still looking for quarts I have a free coupon for one quart. Castrol Syntec was down to just 10w30. Motorcraft did take up a little more space than it has in the past.

Originally Posted By: NortheastPest
I couldnt believe it. I went to Walmart in my area today and they had PP oil rollback down to $20.00 for the 5 quart jugs.

I think the previous price was $21.00. Crude oil prices have come down, and that is being reflected in the current prices. If crude prices stay at these levels, we could see futher declines in motor oil prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back