PP Euro 0W40 Noack?

It was used a tool to sell motor oil to people who didn't have engines that presented the slightest risk of LSPI.

Since you interjected yourself into this conversation, please explain to us what you know about LSPI. Why it happens, when it happens, in what kind of engines it happens, etc. I'm curious to know what you know.
What I don’t know how does oil have anything to do with this? Knocking was always caused by compression, timing and not enough octane

What I don’t know how does oil have anything to do with this? Knocking was always caused by compression, timing and not enough octane
Low-Speed Pre-Ignition (LSPI) is an abnormal combustion event in modern low displacement turbocharged direct-injection (TGDI) gasoline engines, occurring at low RPMs and high torque. It involves the premature ignition of the air-fuel mixture before the spark plug fires, often due to oil droplets or deposits entering the combustion chamber. Just install an oil catch can if you have one of those and use whatever oil you want. Make sure to use high quality fuel and use a PEA-based injector cleaner once in a while to ensure your pistons and combustion chambers are clean, and LSPI will happen in your tiny TGDI engine.

@edyvw and @kschachn - how is the above explanation?

Low-Speed Pre-Ignition (LSPI) is an abnormal combustion event in modern low displacement turbocharged direct-injection (TGDI) gasoline engines, occurring at low RPMs and high torque. It involves the premature ignition of the air-fuel mixture before the spark plug fires, often due to oil droplets or deposits entering the combustion chamber. Just install an oil catch can if you have one of those and use whatever oil you want. Make sure to use high quality fuel and use a PEA-based injector cleaner once in a while to ensure your pistons and combustion chambers are clean, and LSPI will happen in your tiny TGDI engine.

I would say LSPI occures before max torque is reached. It is during high boost and low rpms before engine gets into optimal rpms to develop max torque. That is my understanding.
Besides obvious issues related to engine design, another problem are transmissions keeping rpm too low and not downshifting soon enough. Driving in ECO mode or in high gear in manuals at very low rpms and asking for power while not downshifting.

Thank you. When I did have a TGDI, never had an issue using M1 0/40. Acura 2L

Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 is the same exact oil as QS Euro 5W-40. Shell sells the same oil under three brands.

Also, NOACK is 5.7%, not 5.4%. I stand corrected. It's been a while since I visited the site bellow.

So check it out here: https://hplu.be/fVxaP

Yes, it's very good oil, no matter how hard you'll find to believe it.
Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 along with motul xcess 5-40 are the 2 most favourites w40 in europe for years.shell sells more bcs. its one of the cheapest european oils you can find.and its very good.all of the buyers are more than satisfied and they buy it again.
its like your famous M1 0-40 .
but this PS one ,the new one seems better than EVER,better than many good oils .
noack 5,7%
pour point -57
hths??? is it mentioned anywhere?
what makes me wonder is that its viscosity 100c is perhaps in the lowest i have ever seen,12 for a w40! its like a heavy 30.if that has a hths of 3-7 and above then the combination gives us an excellent result of good oil.

The calcium can act as a catalyst.

LSPI is highly dependent upon engine tuning and unless your automaker recommends SN+ or SP or has some new approval with an LSPI test (ex, Mercedes 229.52) it's a non issue from their perspective.

Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 along with motul xcess 5-40 are the 2 most favourites w40 in europe for years.shell sells more bcs. its one of the cheapest european oils you can find.and its very good.all of the buyers are more than satisfied and they buy it again.
its like your famous M1 0-40 .
but this PS one ,the new one seems better than EVER,better than many good oils .
noack 5,7%
pour point -57
hths??? is it mentioned anywhere?
what makes me wonder is that its viscosity 100c is perhaps in the lowest i have ever seen,12 for a w40! its like a heavy 30.if that has a hths of 3-7 and above then the combination gives us an excellent result of good oil.
Sorry are we talking about the Shell 5W40 here or the M1 0W40 or the Pennzoil 0W40?? Which PS oil?

Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 = Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40 = Quaker State Euro 5W-40
So in my 1.6l TGDI rated@197 Hp that calls for 5W20 which is now running at 360Hp would this oil be a good option in your opinion?
Thank you!

So in my 1.6l TGDI rated@197 Hp that calls for 5W20 which is now running at 360Hp would this oil be a good option in your opinion?
Thank you!
Yes, it would be a very good option. It's very good oil, and dirt-cheap for what it is. Shell makes so much of it that it sells it under three brands. I used it in two Hyundai 3.3L GDI engines, and a 2.4L Theta II engine, and it worked very well. All these engine are problematic, and this oil kept them going.

Back