PP 5W30(SN) 7045 mi. 07 Nissan Murano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

Below is the latest UOA for my Nissan Murano. This has been a busy driving season for me. 7045 miles in less than 60 days. My leisure(???) travels takes me up and down the east coast on interstates with the cruise control set at 70MPH (or higher).
I noted in the title that this batch of PP is the SN variety so I had a TBN done to get a feel for it.

The air filter is a re-useable AFE Pro Dry and the oil filter was a Nissan OEM filter.

For new viewers: I am the original owner and have UOA's posted for this vehicle since dumping the factory oil in July 2007.

Thanks for looking.

BTW..............I'm already 4500 miles into the present batch of PP in the Mo.

E67492.jpg

When did you installed the AFE Pro-Dry air filter ? Silicon is less than all previous UOA's. Look like AFE Pro-Dry air filter is doing good job.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
When did you installed the AFE Pro-Dry air filter ? Silicon is less than all previous UOA's. Look like AFE Pro-Dry air filter is doing good job.

I installed the AFE Pro Dry air filter at 36813 miles due to early readings above the universal average. The AFE Pro Dry had little, if any affect on following reports. At or around 73K I discontinued cleaning the air filter at each oil change.
I was also surprised at the lower silicon reading and now I'll be looking at the next UOA to see if this lower trend continues.

I see, the air filter works best after some miles but before it clogged, whenever you cleaned the AFE Pro Dry the filter efficiency went down as it was new.

PP looks identical to QSUD!!! Think SOPUS is using the add pack and base stocks with a differnt jug n label?!

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Gang,

Here is a VOA of QSUD in 5w-20. This is the SN formula. I had Blackstone run the VOA twice because the first run had (what I considered) to be too many wear metals for a VOA. The re-test had a bit less and Blackstone explained this could have been picked up from storage of the oil in metal containers.

I plan to switch from PP in 5w-20 to QSUD in 5w-20 in my Hyundai Azera based upon cost, reviews of QSUD, and this VOA (which looks really good).

At any rate - enjoy (apologies if it is a bit fuzzy--it is clearer on the ImageShack site)!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back