PP 5/30, 8196 miles, 07 Nissan Murano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is the latest UOA for my 2007 Nissan Murano. I am the original owner and have posted all my UOA's on this site since dumping the factory fill back in 07. On this cycle I used a K&N oil filter and a Wix air filter that was installed at 110,204 miles. I replaced the air filter on the current cycle with an AFE Pro-Dry S air filter. This report indicates that 1 qt. of oil was added this cycle. This is in error, I only added 0.5 qt.

The issue regarding a mild increase in Lead does concern me. I have been noticing a random, slight knock on warm startups, however not all warm startups. This has occurred randomly over the last year. The mild knock does not occur on cold starts only random, warm starts.

The ironic thing about the mild knock is that it happened more often with a Nissan oil filter. I quit using OEM oil filters and have stuck with Wix, K&N, Purolite Gold & Bosch Long Distance.

Thanks for looking.

Meh, I wouldn't worry about the iron. Keep doing what you're doing. Ryan at Blackstone told us too many people panic over tiny increases in elemental analysis.

Remember the acceptable limits for lead is 40-100PPM so lead and all the other metals are well within the acceptable range. I would run this oil out to 10K if it were mine. Good report with contaminates as well.

Originally Posted By: KJack
It could be something other than the engine,. Like the exhaust manifold etc.

Definitely check for leaks if the manifolds are factory.

It could also be an ADBV issue. I found K&N oil filters to have problems before 1000 miles, and Wix have trouble before 5000 mile OCI's. This experience is based on a Toyota 2UZ-FE V-8 though. I've always had good luck with the Purolator PureOne spin on ADBV...might be worth a try.

Originally Posted By: INDYMAC
Originally Posted By: KJack
It could be something other than the engine,. Like the exhaust manifold etc.

Definitely check for leaks if the manifolds are factory.

It could also be an ADBV issue. I found K&N oil filters to have problems before 1000 miles, and Wix have trouble before 5000 mile OCI's. This experience is based on a Toyota 2UZ-FE V-8 though. I've always had good luck with the Purolator PureOne spin on ADBV...might be worth a try.

I have a Purolator Pure One oil filter on now and I still experience the random startup knock on warm starts.

Is the knock evident after a filter change? Or does it start again somewhere later into an OCI? How is the filter positioned/oriented on the engine?

Originally Posted By: INDYMAC
Is the knock evident after a filter change? Or does it start again somewhere later into an OCI? How is the filter positioned/oriented on the engine?

Not immediately after an oil change, although it will occur randomly shortly thereafter. The oil filter is mounted horizontally on the passenger side of the engine. Access to the oil filter is through the right front wheel well.
The knock lasts less than a second on random, warm starts. Never on a cold start.

Are you sure the knock is not your timing chain tensionor tightening up with oil pressure? That's a really common and normal event with higher mileage VQs

Originally Posted By: jayg
Are you sure the knock is not your timing chain tensionor tightening up with oil pressure? That's a really common and normal event with higher mileage VQs

I was going to suggest this possibility, but it usually happens on a cold start, especially if the car is low on oil.

He's experiencing it with a warm start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back